hello all!

i can't belive all the postings on this board about the hurricane!!! i myself was in san pedro for hurricane keith and had front row seats for all the action. i was staying at the Boatyard when it all happened - man was that a bad place to be. i have never seen such a destructive force before in my life. the water level rose at least 8', the docks ripped right out of the water, the boats all came charging at the house and knocking into the supports, the whole wall upstairs started to collapse, windows were shattering, the house was shaking like a turbulent airplane, the boatyard bar no longer exists, one boat ended up on the runway - it was absolutely INSANE!!! i am a pilot for tropic air, however i won't be flying for a while now cause one of the planes i fly is now nose-down in the ground with it's tail wrapped around a tree, and the other plane needs a new wing and probably a new engine. those pictures posted on this site don't even do the island justice to the destruction that really happened. so many people are now left homeless. so many people have lost everything they have. on a positive note we have been recieving lots of help from british and american soldiers, as well as many other groups sending support.

i really appriciate all the time and effort everyone has put into researching this hurricane and what was actually happening in belize. i know that my parents were worried sick and being able to get information from this site comforted them a bit (and frightened them a bit too). when that hurricane was hitting hard i know that i felt very alone and helpless so it feels good that there were this many people out there thinking about us.

if anyone has any questions on what REALLY happened in san pedro, just send me an email at: [email protected]

thanx again - especially to marty!

Mike Keelan