Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
comptroller of
customs has been advised that there should be no duty on shipments coming
in for helping out from the hurricane. There should be no duty nor sales
tax levied on the shipments.

P
P
Thanks Marty that is great news and you are truly the GREATEST.

Pat Woods
E
Edd Offline
E
Since this has been such a big issue, how about a little more detail?

"Comptroller advised"... advised by who?

What qualifies as hurricane relief supplies?

How should packages be labeled?

All relief supplies, or only those addressed to official agencies?

If this turns out to be accurate it will be very good news, but I suspect there are a few more details needed.

S
S
Edd, when I spoke to Nellie Gomez this afternoon, she also told me that the Prime Minister had issued a proclamation that duty was suspended on all relief supplies and equipment. Marty had already posted it.
I agree that more info is needed on the details; hopefully someone in Belize has seen a copy of the instructions. Til then, I would recommend continuing to label the relief supplies exactly as we have already been instructed to do. You might want to try the government web site and see if anything is posted there.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
labelling is covered repeatedly elsewhere, check the click here for donations thread.

details, well we have heard this before, but not from the comptroller. label them properly, talk to the NEMO folks, and hope for the best.

One of the reasons I love Belize is there are less rules.
Sometimes it doesn't help. Usually it does.

D
D
I know this topic is actually regarding relief donations...but I didn't want to start a whole new topic to add to the overcrowded board...

I just need a general idea of what to expect to pay to take in food items for personal use...going to cleanup in SP and was advised to take my own food for a while. Any one able to give me an estimate??? Realy lost on this and customs hasn't answered my emails...
Help please!! Leaving Sunday and need the info!!
Thanks...

D
D
I know this topic is actually regarding relief donations...but I didn't want to start a whole new topic to add to the overcrowded board...

I just need a general idea of what to expect to pay to take in food items for personal use...going to cleanup in SP and was advised to take my own food for a while. Any one able to give me an estimate??? Realy lost on this and customs hasn't answered my emails...
Help please!! Leaving Sunday and need the info!!
Thanks...

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
/

P
P
Source - Love FM
Oct. 11, 2000

PRIME MINISTER CHAIRS MEETING OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ORGANIZATION
Prime Minister, Said Musa, yesterday chaired a meeting of National Emergency Management Organization in Belmopan. He was updated on the work being carried out by the various committees of NEMO. It is also been announced that NEMO has instructed the Comptroller of Customs to exempt duties on all emergency relief supplies sent from abroad for family members in the affected areas across the country. NEMO also reminds residents in San Pedro Town and Caye Caulker Village that the curfew continues from 8 in the night to 6 in the morning and that the sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.

Philip Canaday
909-763-0214
[email protected]

Philip Canaday
P.O. Box 391369
Anza, CA 92539-1369
(909)763-0214
[email protected]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.