Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
ktny333 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi,

My first trip to Belize got pushed back to May (on a plus side, hotel rates are lower). I'm debating among The Palms, Banana Beach and Exotic Caye. My b/f and I are in late 20's, early 30's, both active (plan to snorkel, kayak, canoe) and love the beach & sun. I'd like to stay in a cabana/bungalow-like room rather than a hotel/motel that's why I'm leaning towards either the Palms or Exotic Caye (I was also looking at Xanadu, but they only have 2 & 3 bdrm available). However, I heard all the good things about Banana Beach and their prices are great (including, breakfast!!), but it's quite a walk from town. Which one is the best choice in term of location (beach, good restaurant, bar)? I think there's no restaurant at The Palms - are there any resturants close-by for breakfast & lunch? If I chose to stay at Banana Beach, is there a limited choice for lunch & dinner? I still have to do much more research, but what's there to do in town? I mean if I were to stay at Banana Beach and not going to town, am I missing anything? Another question is there's an addition service fee at the Palms - does it mean tipping is included? Thanks in advance all your help.

Yes, you are definately missing out of you do not go to town. If you enjoy beautiful walks, Banana Beach is only a 20-25 minute walk which goes SO fast there with the beautiful walk along the water and sand. Also, there are restraunts everywhere on between town and Banana Beach. I would not choose somewhere just because it includes breakfast, however, as you can get amazing breakfasts at Ruby's and Celi's for under $5 US and quite filling. The food is WONDERFUL. So again, if you like a short walk don't let the walk or the breakfast make your final decision. When are you going? I'll be there in May, too, and in my 20's.

S
S
I love The Palms... There is no restaurant, but breakfast on your own veranda is wonderful and you can do it in your pj's. If you want to go out for any meal, it only a few minutes (and I do mean less than 5 minutes) to anywhere in town. You won't need a cart unless you want to go island exploring. Even tho it is close-in, noise has NEVER been a problem for us at The Palms. The apartments are tastefully furnished and you feel "at home" instead of in a "motel/hotel room". It is right next door to Ramon's which has the nicest beach area of any close-in resort. Also, some of the best close-in snorkeling is from Ramon's pier. Ramon's also has alot of people in your age group hanging out there, but so do many other spots in town. We have been to AC numerous times and I always make a point to check out other condo/apartment style accomodations and have yet to wish I had stayed somewhere other than The Palms. If you want total seclusion and don't plan on many trips to town, then stay up north. If you want to be close to everything (restaurants, bars, live music, people watching and enjoying the sights and sounds of San Pedro) then, IMO, you can't beat The Palms.

K
ktny333 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thank you so much. You have made my decision so much easier. I'll be there the 2nd wk of May. Do you happen to konw what's the diff. bet. Casita and 1 bdrm at the Palms? Is Casita like a studio? (It's only 2 of us).

M
M
we will be staying at the palms may 20-25 and i recommend it to anyone. it's a great location for everything.
the casita is adorable, but it's in back by the pool...not on the beach like the other condos.
the casita has a bedroom, living, bath and a small kitchen w/ table. smaller than the others, but plenty of room for 2.
the condos on the beach are just like fully furnished/equipped apartments. nice.

S
S
ktny... Like mimi said, the Casita is in back and poolfront - no ocean view. It is cute but the ocean view from the second or third floor (tho I believe the 3rd floor is all 2 bdrm) is the best! Try and get one of the inside rooms rather than the outside one's as I think the veranda is a little larger. If you dive they have a rinse area and pegs for drying dive suits, etc. Wish I was going soon! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Check out Banyon Bay or Ramones, both are fantastic and closer to town. You can walk the beach to all the resorts and use their pools. Fun and relaxing thing to do in the am, all you see is the guys cleaning the beach and afew joggers. Try JamBel resteruant (never could spell that word) for great Jamaican and Belizean food. Another great place (local) is Papi's. Lots on your plate and very reasonable!

droone, are you saying that Banyon Bay is closer to town than the Palms? Are you thinking of Royal Palms? Ramons is next door to the Palms.

I am sure you cannot "walk the beach to all the resorts and use their pools"!

There are some hotels with pools that allow you to have a dip if having a drink/snack at their bar.

Hi again, The Palms is near Ramones, The Royal Palms is way South. You can walk the beach from Banyon Bay South to the Palms. I stay in a lovely guesthouse, next to Banyan Bay and each morning walk the beach and rest myself in each pool from Banyan to The Royal Palms.~~~Joi~~~

only one hotel with pool in between those 2 places wink

and a longgggggggggggg 350 yd walk between them as well..phewwww wears me out just thinking about it laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.