Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
we have three kids 13, 9,8 and paid the $20US for the 15 minute cab ride to muni. its about 50 feet, maybe 40, from the luggage carosal at International to the curb where the taxis are. At the Muni we basically unloaded the bags from the taxi and handed them to the airport luggage handlers. The cab ride through town gives you an imediate sense of the culture. And you will get to see the Marion Jones track and field center. On the return the bags went direct from the airport luggage cart to the cab and back at Int'l from the curb to bag check was another whopping 40 feet. The view from the plane to AC is excellent and the water taxis always seemed packed whenever I saw them go by. Our flights always were direct from muni to Ac but there is a chance there may be a stop at Int'l or Caye Caulker. a bonus for us was on the way to Ac everyone was checked in early so we left 30 minutes before we were supposed to. every minute on Ac is a precious one. Oh yeah, the thrill of the runway at muni is exceptional, they use every inch of that runway. For our crew the saving$$ were worth it.

I
I
When we land in Belize City on Continental, I assume we will be in the International airport and then we will have to go to the Municipal airport. I didn't realize that we will have to change airports to get to Amergris Caye. How long of a taxi ride is it to get to the Municipal airport? Thanks for any assistance with this info.

you don't HAVE to..

it's a matter of choice, time and $$ as discussed above.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S
You'll be there at the same time of year as we plan on being there the year after. We're first timers and I'd sure be curious what the weather really is like during June. Do you think I could trouble you to get back with a posting on the weather you experienced?

Thank you,

Usually nice & hot, occasional rain but nothing to ruin your trip!

S
Spleen Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Great replies everyone. I think we've decided to go straight from Int'l despite the extra $$. Going to Muni is a whole 'nother step both in and outbound that I think we'd rather avoid with one, and possibly two, kids to carry plus luggage, etc. With two stops to get to BZE I'm gonna avoid adding another leg to the journey. Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 328 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.