Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
ok, Hon, why strange? You must elaborate.

T
T
i could be wrong, but my guess would be that fishing is probably the second biggest economic activity on AC, second only to tourism. also, i would bet fishing and related activities were the main source of income for many many years before the tourists found AC. why not ban all fishing and in the process all seafood could be banned from the restaurants. i imagine most restaurants would be closed, and hundreds of fisherman would no longer be able to make a living. then those of us who like to visit AC for the fresh seafood or to go fishing would no longer come to visit, thus hurting the tourism trade. the amount of fish being taken by tourists is miniscule, and when there is extra it is given away to local families, friends, and those less fortunate. i doubt that a very small percentage of tourists taking a few fish home is going to destroy the ocean. just my opinion.
TIMO p.s. i am not even a seafood lover, we throw most back or give them away.

OP Offline
hip hip hooray to the non seahuggers! I would have different feelings if people were going down there, just killing for sport, and not harvesting their hunt. That's just plain waste.

What about coconut shells, would this delete the forests, too?

You cannot bring any shells of any type home with you at all, they will be taken and a fine issued if found in your luggage either in Belize or whichever airport in the states you fly into.

so put them in your pants wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Or Offline
do what ever you want, it's a free world, take what ever you want, get cought............. oh yes, and please don't even leave any foot prints behind.

2 cents...I just got back from AC and i saw all kinds of shells and pieces of polished coral for sale. so what gives? its snot ok to buy and take home??? whats the difference if you find it in the ocean or buy it from a vendor. Of course you cannot take shells from the national park (Hol Chan) but i think that pretty much the rest of the ocean is fair game. When my luggage was searched by the Belizian Security at the airport the person handled the shell i had and commented on how nice it was as he put it back in my bag. I'm no expert on the law but this was my experience.

OP Offline
no worries about leaving footprints in the sand......after a few Belikens and a couple of tequilas, I'll be higher than a kite.
laugh

I took some shells home too. The baggage handler at Goldson just said, "gifts?" Yes.....
The worst that can happen is they take them as far as I know anyway.
But I'm known to know nothing if it's a secret laugh

Took a shell home for my Mom that I found under a pile of debris on the beach. Had no problems bringing it home. Baggage handlers nor security said a thing.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.