Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
The posts where people are getting Lobster and taking it back to the suite to cook sounds VERY enticing...enough to make me wonder if it is worth it to have a kitchen suite...Is there a lobster season in September? IF not then is it costly to order lobster in the restraunts?

why cook when you are on vacation ,lobster is still a good buy on the island in sept it is off season .. so good prices are around and the restaurants are not crowded....,or go fishing with a guide/boat and do a full day fishing with a all you can eat lobster bbq lunch and snorkel and have fun time . go live the dream and enjoy ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
If you're a foodie, and love to cook, by all means stay at a place with a kitchen, even if you don't cook when you are there, you'll have a frig to keep Belikins, etc. I've done it both ways. The first time I didn't cook. I was not sure about the grocery stores, etc. and traveled with a friend who had been there many times, but she is allergic to cooking laugh and could not provide me with any info in that area.
The second time I came prepared with a few things in my bag that I knew would be pricey and they were easy to pack. I found a little produce shop that had everything fresh that I needed and a couple of larger markets located across from each other that had everything else. The meat is frozen, but everything we bought was great. Milk, eggs, bread were very fresh.
We went fishing and I enjoyed cooking the fish that we caught. Some of it I used to make our Christmas Dinner.
Capt Jeff is correct about the full day of snorkel/fishing/bbq on the beach - we had an awesome time and there is nothing like fresh catch, cooked for you.
The lobster is not like Maine lobster. They are smaller and if they are over cooked become like rubber (experienced that in a couple of restaurants and would have done a better job myself. wink ).
Next time I go, I will cook, because when you are a foodie the cooking becomes part of the adventure. cool
Enjoy your trip!

Time flys - have fun!
S
S
I shouldn't say this having the business that I do but... It's not that critical if you're staying somehere close to town or don't mind heading out for every meal (not all properties have restaurants on site). A kitchen is only a bonus if you like the convenience of preparing a meal every now and then instead of eating out all the time. Me, I love to cook so a kitchen would be a bonus. There's also the factor of having cold Belikins in the fridge or a chilled bottle of wine that you can grab as you wish.

I can agree that the lobster is not as sweet as maine ..when I go and I go almost each month eat lobster all the time when in season and a lobster plate with all the side dishes is as cheap as $15 us a real deal .and if a restaurant cooked lobster that tastes like rubber I would send it back in a new york minute as I am not shy.. but if you want to cook and you like to cook enjoy..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Having a kitchen contributed to our relaxation especially at breakfast, being able to make a pot of coffee and have breakfast available without having to go out for that every morning was great.

Hon Offline
I totally agree with Ivana. I was even served breakfast in bed a couple of times laugh

We also brought Ali Baba chicken back to the condo for lunch most days and having our little kitchen made it easy to prepare our fajitas (or whatever) and to have leftovers for a evening snack if we were hungry.

Hon

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
It kind of depends on where you are staying and how far you are from the closest restaurant. Since Ova di Wata closed at Caribe Island, the few people here have complained that it's too far to run in for a quick bite. As for me, it has forced me to visit MANY restaurants in San Pedro now.... for a completely delicious lunch, try the "tacos" at Mickey's.

I was just thinking about you. Hope you're doing all you can and are .......well.......Well smile

I like having a kitchen. I enjoy being able to fix my own brekkie in my jammies, before getting on with the day. Sometimes, it's nice to be able to have a snack or cold drink in my room/on patio, after a dive day and more rarely but it happens, I just don't feel like going out for dinner.

And may I add, me too, ibanole. Hope you are well and finding a way back to happiness. If it starts with baby steps like enjoying lunch at Mickey's, well, so be it. smile

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.