Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
You've got a lot of options for operators that do day long snorkel trips with a beach BBQ. Your resort can schedule for you and make recommendations. We went with Seaduced because we like the company - Elito is the owner and he's good people. Their trip is more expensive than some of the others - we were in vacation mode when we booked and I'm frankly not sure if the cost was $80 or $90 per person.

Seaduced's trip is on a good sized catamaran, however there were only about 12 passengers. Due to the size of the boat and the time that would be required, Seaduced doesn't pick up passengers at docks - the trip leaves from Ramon's pier.

The trip left about 9:30. Our group voted to make the trip to Basil Jones faster by going outside the reef. That made the journey a bit rougher, but a lot of fun. Four of us got out on the trampoline net at the front of the boat to enjoy the sun and breeze. We likewise got thoroughly soaked from splashing waves. I'm sure we had more fun than the folks that sat farther back....

The trip north to the former Basil Jones timeshare resort took about an hour, (it's about 22 miles north of San Pedro). Elito's brother recently purchased the failed resort and is in the process of finishing it. We ate lunch in the building that will be the resort's bar and restaurant.

We had a lot of time before and after lunch to snorkel out to the reef (very close to shore that far north). About 3:00 PM we left for San Pedro - most of the way under sail power - arriving about 5:30.

We've done other snorkel / beach BBQs on smaller faster boats. On those trips we got more snorkel stops and the trip up and back was faster. On the other hand, even when Elito needed to use the diesel power, the catamaran was very peaceful and relaxing. The boat has a nice galley and men / women's heads. So, although slower, it was totally enjoyable. Other beach BBQs we've had have been cooked over a coconut husk fire, right on the beach. With Seaduced, our lunch was excellent, but much of the food was pre-prepared. (Elito's wife, Rebecca, makes way killer brownie cupcakes - they're almost debilitating....)

So, there's my two-bits - decide what type of trip you want and go for it - you're going to have a great time.

S
suzieq Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all of the information! We were leaning toward Seaduced before so I think you have officially sold me now. smile

If you stop by the Seaduced office on Tarpon street (south end of town, between the street from the airstrip and Front Street - purple building) and book direct, you can also get a "free" T-shirt for booking a full day excursion. I would also email them before arriving in San Pedro to find out if they have the tour already scheduled.

H
H
Searious divers; great people, great dives, great lamanai trip!

I would highly recommend SEAduced. First of all, I just came back from my second trip to Belize.. The guides are awesome, I'd go to hell and back for their food and drinks! (no kidding)

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We (Protech) often use both Searious and Seaduced and have never had any negative feedback from guests. From my general knowledge I'm sure we would have the same results with some others.

C
C
Seaduced is excellent! Can't go wrong with them.
I have been on the Lady Sharon at least 4 times-- very nice too.
Enjoy your trip!

we went with clifford & eric (uprise tours) we had the most perfect day!! they accomodated to our every wish...we had an amazing day of fishing, snorkling chillin out on the boat then way up north for the best beach bbq ever with the fish we caught.

~* Kerri *~
good price too we paid $50us each but that was with a discount but i'm sure they dont charge much more than that to anyone smile

~* Kerri *~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.