Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#100964 04/14/05 07:05 PM
L
OP Offline
L
I tried doing a search on the above, and came up empty. Anyone have the current departure fee rate? thanks ahead...

Hon Offline
As far as I know Guatemala does not have a departure fee. You will have to pay about 10 quetzales (sp?) to get in though.

Hon

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
S
S
$33.00US last time I came out of Guatemala.

Hon Offline
I just went back and had a look at my records from January. We did not pay a departure fee when leaving Guatemala. The 10 quetzales (again sp.?) entry fee was roughly equivalent (Is that right? What is with my spelling today?) to about 1.40USD and can vary depending on the mood of the customs agent.

Sassy2, if you paid 33USD the agent must have been having a _very_ bad day frown

Hon

S
S
I flew on Tropic from Flores to Belize City and the Guatemalan Gov't charged me $33.00 departure tax???

Hon Offline
Ah, there's the crucial piece of information. It was likely some kind of 'airport' tax.

We entered and departed by land thus the difference in experience.

Hon

S
S
We went across the border about 13 miles from San Ignacio and it was 10 Q's to get across, and we had a departure fee from Belize! I don't remember how much that was but there was no fee at either border to re-enter Belize.

Hon Offline
That would be at Benque Viejo del Carmen. Belize land departure fee is exactly half of the air departure fee. When we crossed that border it was 17USD and change. I think it has gone up since January so be prepared with a few extra dollars.

Hon

If I remember correctly, when we crossed into Guatemala at Benque back in November we paid roughly $35 US ($17.50 each person). I think that's right. On the way back into Belize my passport was stamped and I was good to go but they tried to charge my husband a fee to leave Guatemala. After asking why he had to pay and I didn't when we had come into Guatemala at the exact same time, they let him through without paying the fee.

L
OP Offline
L
So between $17.50 and $35.oo pp. Thanks everyone

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 320 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.