Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Our rotten luck but feeling for those caught in the path. Our Delta flight to arr. BZE mid-afternoon Sat., if it isn't cancelled or delayed Big Time.

Anyone have a good link to LOCAL (island) weather & conditions we can check? I've got all the NOAA stuff, which is OK but being FL native I know the value of local info & knowledge. Suggestions? (I did check the BBS weather topic here but info is a day late...)

If we have to stay in Belize City Sat. can anyone recommend a (hopefully) quiet place for 2 near the airport?

I'll be calling Tropic Air, to see if they're flying that day. Even if we get to BZE we may not be able to Xfer to AC...

Have I missed anything? Other tips?

<bummed big time>

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
I doubt you'll need it, but Villa Boscardi B&B and D'Nest Inn guesthouse are two good choices not too far from the international airport, in safe pleasant areas.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
All we are going to get is a bit of rain-no problem as we need a lot of it

S
S
Soggy Sunday in Corozal Pedro?

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Absolutely, but the lucky 14 that have chartered a Tropic "caravan" to follow their beloved "Seahawks" (which includes your fine self) will not give a damn.

B
B
Looks like you will be getting in w/out a problem on Saturday:

Date: THURSDAY 19TH MAY 2005 (AFTERNOON)

SKIES REMAINED CLOUDY THIS MORNING. UPPER LEVEL WINDS REMAIN SW'LY AND DIVERGENT. SURFACE, REMAINED LIGHT AND EASTERLY. NO RAINFALL HAS BEEN DETECTED AROUND THE COUNTRY. SAT PIX SHOWS ADRIAN STILL OUT IN THE PACIFIC, HEADING NE TOWARDS SALVADOR AND HONDURAS.

THE PROGS INDICATE NO MAJOR CHANGES IN UPPER LEVEL CONDITIONS. SURFACE WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN DRY AND EASTERLY. TO NOTE, A T.W. IS ALSO LOCATED AT ABOUT 78W. RAINFALL INDICATIONS ARE THAT THE COUNTRY WILL REMAIN DRY, EXCEPT MAYBE IN THE SOUTH WHERE WE WILL SEE AN INCREASE IN SHOWERS. THIS WILL BE DUE TO THE PROXIMITY OF THE T.S. NAMS IS THE ONLY MODEL SHOWING INCREASED RAINFALL OVER THE ENTIRE COUNTRY. THE OTHERS SHOW OVER EXTREME S. THE STROM AND T.W. WILL BOTH BE MONITORED CLOSELY. SINCE THE MAJORITY OF THE MODELS ARE IN AGREEMENT, AND THE STORM TRACK IS MORE SOUTH OF BELIZE, I MAKE THE FOLLOWING FORECAST:

FORECAST: MOSTLY CLOUDY THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT. ISOLATED SHOWERS TODAY EXCEPT FEW SHOWERS AND THUNDERSHOWERS IN THE S TONIGHT.

OUTLOOK: A DECREASE IN SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS

MARINE: WINDS: E/NE 5-15 KT. SEAS: LIGHT CHOP. WAVES: 2-4 FT.

Forecaster: WELLINGTON

plus, here's an additional link for you-have a great time:
http://weather.lycos.com/weather/two_day_forecast.asp?q=San+Pedro%2C+Belize

OP Offline
Thx Lan, klcman BDinAZ for your thoughtful inputs.

Been on da board for MONTHS planning the trip and again wanna thank all for their (direct and indirect) help, esp. you Lan, I must've printed off nearly every page on your site- just kiddin'.

Two mid-age gals from ATL ready to gass out in AC for a week... ahhhh....

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.