Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#105135 06/22/05 09:49 PM
K
Korey Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I'm trying to find a good place to stay over New Year's. Can anyone tell me about Banana Beach or Cap'n Ron's? I need advice...

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
a search above using the name of either place will get you lots of info - everybody likes somewhere! We were very very happy at Banana Beach - large rooms, great rates, tasty breakfast each morning included in the price, 2 pools and excellent staff. That said, you could find someone to make similar comments about almost any hotel on the island. For more specific info you need to specifiy what you're looking for, price range, room size preference, etc.

Well spoken. Depends on where you want to be on the Island & how close to the action or quiet. It's all good and there is no "bad". Want to walk, bike, golf cart, taxi, water taxi??? Banana Beach is nice, no nothing about Cap'n Rons.

K
Korey Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks for your help. I just can't find any good photos of Cap'n Ron's, so I'm a little concerned. Same with Banana Beach...

Price doesn't really matter. We just want somewhere easy with no stress where we can lay by the beach, but each do our own thing and not have to worry about getting around

Banana Beach is the only place with four bedrooms, so that is why we're looking. Does Cap'n Ron's have more privacy? Has anyone stayed at ron's?

Also, someone recommended some condos three miles south of town? What do you think?

Cap'n Rons is a villa at Paradise Villas. Generally a nice place but older and all individually owned so they vary quite a bit from one another. Great location close to town.

BB is one of the best places on the island.

K
Korey Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I'm confused about Cap'n Ron's. It's a part of Paradise Villas? It has its own link on the ambergriscaye.com site.

Also, you would REALLY recommend Banana Beach? It is nice? Like Grand Colony nice?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
tangerines and oranges - again, depends on what you want. BB was perfect for us - but it's not the Hilton. If you're looking for upscale Americanized type lodging BB's probably not what you're looking for.

If you are looking for upscale Americanized Hilton type, San Pedro is not the place IMHO. There are 5* resorts but they are not the Hilton.

I
I
I would REALLY recommend Banana Beach. No doubt at all. I've stayed there several times and have never been disappointed. The staff is always helpful and friendly. No matter if you are a family, couple or single, they will make you feel welcome and comfortable.
smile

A
A
good place to stay www.caye management.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.