Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#105350 06/24/05 10:04 AM
T
theeux Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I and my fried (with our families) will be in AC (at belize beach suites) from August 6 to 16. We are gets passionate fishermen and we do not see the hour to try to confront to us with the fish of the Belize. Our objective is tarpon and bonefish flat fishing.

We wish to know if it is necessary to book in advance fishing guides or not for August period.

We do not have idea about fishing guides. We would have a professional one.

We fish maily with spinning tecnique but we have also tried to begin to learn fly-fishing and we would want to be put to the test also.

Regarding fly-fishing we want to know it is better to have own rods and reels or if it is not so expensive to rent them in AC.

Many thanks.

Email Hillyboo he will have all the imformation you require. [email protected]

Reality..What a concept!
theeux papashine has a good start with his info above..also go to fishingsanpedro.com the web site now is managed by steve from coconet internet cafe in town he books fishing for six of island great guides , incl hilly boo above ,you will see my goodlooking face in the photo's .. .I have fished with most of them ..they use good tackel, and are local guides who know there stuff. I fish here once a month for two over years now..and I love this place .but it vey ,very impotant to use a proven capt ,not some pickup guy off the street with a borrowed boat and junk rods and rusty reels and sells himself cheap...... .book your guides in advavnce as the good ones book up quick....the guide you book needs to be the guide you go with !!!!!!!!! ,not a fill in want a be..you can call steve at 1 508 721 6556 a usa call ..tight lines to you and good fishing..go live the dream and enjoy your stay in paradise..

Living The Dream Every Day!
K
K
Generally the guides are not in high demand in August. That being said, the really good ones get booked, esp. the tarpon guys 'cuz the "big boys" are in that time of year. They're probably already booked by serious flyguy tarpon hunters. Check w/your lodging's tour desk and see who they book. Then post it here and ask for opinions. The Capt's guys are good(hell, he recommends them, so what more do you want).

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
krehfish is right ask the board for there insight once you find a guides name .and any one I say is good is good ,I think .well maybe for me but not you ??? all kidding aside book a guide quick,but I do not like hotel reco 's, ??? myself.. so check out your guide please.. .

Living The Dream Every Day!
K
K
That raises one other issue. I've fished for years with Vincent, and never hesitate to recomend him. But, he's not particularly talkative, and when we fish, well, we fish. May go an hour w/o saying anything to each other. Other people really want more of an "experience", and enjoy hearing local issues, gossip, etc. When you hire a guide you have to evaluate your abilities, and give some thought to what you want. Doesn't mean you'll get the "right" guy, but your chances improve. For instance, Belize is a great place for a flyrod novice to catch bonefish, but tarpon are not a fish for someone to learn on. Great for a reasonably competant flyrodder to catch their first truly large fish. But if you can't throw it 40'w/ease, stick to bones. my .02

So who knows the good guides for fishing with kids? My 7 yr old really loves to fish and we've gone with Bicho before but I'd like to try someone else. Someone fun and good with kids. Not super serious...but he does want to catch fish too! I know a lot of guides but most are more serious than I want.

K
K
Barb: I can think of 6 guides I've fished with over the years, but I've never had a kid in the boat. There were 2 or 3 that I won't get back in a boat with, Of the names above I'd guess Manuel would be best. He's such an accomodating person, and genuinely wants to help. Plus, his boat is set up in way I'd think would be kid friendly.

B
B
Check out www.sportsfishingbelize.com, the answer to all your questions shall be found...

Originally posted by theeux:
I and my fried (with our families) will be in AC (at belize beach suites) from August 6 to 16. We are gets passionate fishermen and we do not see the hour to try to confront to us with the fish of the Belize. Our objective is tarpon and bonefish flat fishing.

We wish to know if it is necessary to book in advance fishing guides or not for August period.

We do not have idea about fishing guides. We would have a professional one.

We fish maily with spinning tecnique but we have also tried to begin to learn fly-fishing and we would want to be put to the test also.

Regarding fly-fishing we want to know it is better to have own rods and reels or if it is not so expensive to rent them in AC.

Many thanks.

HillyBoo for SURE!!!!! C

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.