Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
My fiancee and I will be traveling on our honeymoon for approx. two weeks through Belize. We are looking to stay at two places during this time.

We are just under 30 and into chilling at great beaches, snorkle, scuba, windsurfing, great food, eco-friendly, awesome vistas with occasional daytrips, hiking, all that good stuff......I am a photographer, and she is a Naturalist. We have both traveled extensively and have had numerous opinions from friends on Belize but are looking for more insite. I have
searched this forum and another to find locations to stay and have come up with this list. Our budget for lodging for two weeks is anywhere from 2k - 6k US. Can you please put the places in order based on your experiences?
Or where you would suggest staying...........I know some of these are outside of AC but if you have experience your opinion is valued.

>>Coco Plum Island
>>Salamander Resort
>>Portofino
>>Xanadu
>>Turtle Inn
>>Mata Chica

If I am missing something, please let me know. I appreciate each and every one of your posts.

J
J
I would recommend Victoria House. I am 29 and my wife was 26 when we got married and stayed there on our honeymoon. The restaurant was outstanding. We took trips to Caye Caulker and fished. We parasailed. And we stayed on the beach just reading and relaxing a couple of days. We stayed in one of the casitas and loved it. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. We wanted to explore more for some meals but found ourselves drawn to the restaurant there at the resort. It is probably a mile to a mile and a half from town, but it is an easy bike ride. It is very quiet down on that end of the island. My wife and I are going back in December for our four year anniversary and cannot wait. Sorry, I could not help with the others, but we are hooked on VH.

D
D
Can't give too much insight except to say that after a lot of research and asking questions on the board we chose Victoria House for our honeymoon. We are looking forward to a week and a half at Vichouse in Sept. It will be our first trip to AC so can't give you any advice other then it sounded like the right option for us.

OP Offline
Thanks guys, I hear the same things about VH - we are definately into the chill atmosphere with the recreation available.......VH gets nothing but praises....

J
J
If I had two weeks I'd spend at least part of the first week in the San Ignacio area. My own time there has been very limited, but, from my brief visit I know it is an area that we will return to. Someone with more experience in the area will have to give you hotel recommendations, we stayed right in town. It was fun, but not what you're looking for on your honeymoon.

S
S
3 nights at Lamanai Outpost Lodge (www.lamanai.com), 4 Nights at Blancaneaux (www.blancaneauxlodge.com) and the rest in AC at VH or one of the other AC resorts you noted would be my suggestion.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Senior,
As others have said, VH is top-notch. I think that Mata Chica as well as Portofino are too, just without the same kind of accessability as VH.
Xanadu is a great smaller property, so I wouldn't cross them off the list. You would probably get more one-on-one attention from them, (although customer service is great at all.)
If you can swing it, the Turtle Inn is superb.
Have a great trip.

OP Offline
Very fine suggestions....I am starting to change my option of two places to three, thank you Simon B those lodges are killer......all your posts are appreciated. Anyone heard of Salamander?

Salamander is wonderful. It's way up north, get there by water taxi. The staff is very nice, and the rooms are simple, yet elegant. The food is to die for....very quiet. No night life, but very peaceful. If you want to go to town, They will take you.

Vicki! Email me... where have you been? and now? eek

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.