Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#106161 07/21/05 11:36 AM
OP Offline
We are considering having our wedding in San Pedro in April 2006. We'd have 40-75 guests and the wedding would be in the Catholic Church and most guests would most likely stay at Ramon's.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where to have the reception? It'd have to have room for seated dining for up to 75 people, have good food and service, and room for a band and dance floor (you can always dance on sand!). Ideally it'd be beachfront and be more of an "open-air" or patio type restaurant rather than all enclosed. Ideally we'd be able to book it for only our party so there's not too many strangers there with us. It'd be nice if it was walking distance to Ramon's and the Catholic Church, but a boat ride to the North side could be possible too (can Lady Sharon do this?).

I've looked into Fido's, Blue Water Grill, Estelle's, Rico's @ Banyan, and Seagrill @ Tropica in the south and Mambo @ MataChica, LeBistro @ Portofino, Luna @ Journey's End, and Capricorn on the north side. Of these, I've only been to Fido's and walked past Blue Water.

Any comments on how/if any of these would work or other suggestions/ideas are welcome!

S
S
Not that the others are not good choices but why not at Ramon's itself, they have recently done major renovations to the restaurant and your guests wouldn't have to worry about transportation.

April '06, otherwise, you've missed it. laugh

LOL Travelqueen, good point!!

I concur with SimonB, Ramon's is the place.

Dare To Deviate
OP Offline
You're right...April 2006. I've just read that Ramon's food leaves much to be desired. Do they have a large open air restaurant/patio area with room for a band and dancefloor where a bunch of strangers couldn't come and join?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Benny,
Congrads!
You have named several wonderful spots. (I must say that Ramons is a beautiful location, but I don't think it would be that private, and yes, you heard right about the food, IMHO.)
Something else you might want to keep in mind, several of the properties you named will not allow wedding receptions, etc, unless all guests stay at their property. NOW, I do NOT know that for a fact, I just know how many weddings/receptions got sent in our direction due to that restriction, but I did have SEVERAL brides/grooms/families tell me that on several different occasions, about several different properties. So, just make sure you check that out.....
Good luck!

OP Offline
That's what i figured on the places that are restaurants in a hotel/resort. That's why i was thinking it might have to be a restaurant only kind of place....Fido's, Capricorn, Estelle's. Is BlueWater actually associated with Sun Breeze hotel is are they seperate entities? Can anyone tell me what Estelle's is like?

Ibanole...you said that receptions have been sent your way due to restrictions...what business are you referring to that you are associated with?

bb96, e-mail Kelly at the Blue Water Grill. Great food and location! cool

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I WAS at Caribe Island.... no longer and never again.
(And, I'm sure that some will chime in and say "thank goodness, good riddance, etc etc.....". Go for it.
Cheerz,
Vicki
PS: Blue Water Grill is a GREAT place, if you can get an exclusive area. There are a few others. I will tell you that Fido's is a great location too, but unless the food has changed dramatically, I wouldn't put that on the list either. The best restaurant, plain and simple, Casa Picasso's...... not on the ocean, but certainly worth a look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.