Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Beaches / Accommodation #106480
07/28/05 01:36 PM
07/28/05 01:36 PM
New Jersey/sanpedro
captjeff Offline
captjeff  Offline
took a taxi from royal palm to town center,$7 belize.. for the capt must think I am a local.. but I look like a gringo ..that was two weeks ago..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Re: Beaches / Accommodation #106481
07/28/05 01:39 PM
07/28/05 01:39 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Thanks Capt! That's more like it wink Will we see you in September - could a trip to paradise be good for what ails ya? wink

Re: Beaches / Accommodation #106482
07/28/05 01:44 PM
07/28/05 01:44 PM
S
SP Daily Offline
SP Daily  Offline
S
Please be aware that ibanole is overflowing with sour grapes from a business deal gone bad. Her information re taxi fees is not correct. johnrobertsdenver is correct with US$5 per taxi.

Re: Beaches / Accommodation #106483
07/28/05 03:41 PM
07/28/05 03:41 PM
H
happytraveller Offline

happytraveller  Offline
H
actually...i recently returned home to the U.S after a two week vacationing period in belize, ambergris caye! i stayed at the belize yacht club and found it to be more than comfortable and enjoyable to stay there! they have rooms for all the family at reasonable prices! i loved the fact that they had kitchenettes in the room! alfresco dining was really romantic at night...
one of the best features though was the fact that their dive center is PROTECH...i was able to complete my scuba course with them!
i think the belize yacht club is a truly worth experience!

ps
reasonable rates!

Re: Beaches / Accommodation #106484
07/28/05 04:59 PM
07/28/05 04:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
I find the rate from town to Woodies varies as much as 100%, from 5Bz to 10Bz, for the same journey at the same time of day.

Re: Beaches / Accommodation #106485
07/29/05 11:25 AM
07/29/05 11:25 AM
Petoskey, MI USA
A
adriane88 Offline

adriane88  Offline
A
I wouldn't spend too much time stressing about small details like cab fares. Just get down there...you'll see. It's amazing. Believe me, your trip to town from BB (where you should definitely stay) will be far worth your experience...whether it's dining, shopping, sight seeing. It's a beautiful place. Just relax and make the most of it.

Re: Beaches / Accommodation #106486
08/02/05 08:01 PM
08/02/05 08:01 PM
Tulsa
S
Scott Offline

Scott  Offline
S
Avoid the question of taxi's altogether and just stay at The Palms... Beautifully appointed condo's close in (less than 5 minutes to almost anywhere in town) yet quiet and serene while in your apartment. Fantastic views from your veranda and the staff will do as much or as little as you desire... IMHO, it is THE place if you want to experience San Pedro's restaurants, shopping and nightlife and have a very short walk home!

Scott

Re: Beaches / Accommodation #106487
08/02/05 09:30 PM
08/02/05 09:30 PM
S
SimonB Offline

SimonB  Offline
S
Ask before you get in is the easiest thing to do, if you don't like the price, close the door. The same goes for Belize City. In BC I've paid as much as $10BZ more for the same ride at the same time of day because I was too dumb to ask before I got in.

Re: Beaches / Accommodation #106488
08/03/05 09:14 AM
08/03/05 09:14 AM
T
Terrapin Offline

Terrapin  Offline
T
Tag- i have been to both the Palms (last week)& Banana Beach (last year) and IMO the Palms has BB beat hands down. Its not that BB is not nice its just that the Palms is simply better. And very inexpensive for what you get.

The location is perfect if you want to be closer to town and it is right next to Ramon's and their ammenities (restaurant, bar, pier etc).

As for sailing etc. Belize Sailsports is a really short walk away as are any number of tour companies (better to book direct for a better price).

Go with the Palms.

Re: Beaches / Accommodation #106489
08/06/05 04:31 PM
08/06/05 04:31 PM
N
nickis Offline

nickis  Offline
N
Just returned from an 11 night stay at Banana Beach. We walked into town and back a couple of times, but with a 6 year old that walk is a bit too long. We grabbed a taxi a couple of times BZ$10 and then for the 2nd half of the trip rented bikes from Joe's bike rental. Having the bikes worked well for us (1 with a child seat on the back) and at BZ$50 each for a week was the most economical.

As for the beach at Banana Beach, there is an area between Banana Beach and Banyan Bay with no sea grass which you can swim in from the shore. Also, there is a VERY large sandbar off the end of the dock which has no sea grass, soft white sand and crystal clear water and ranges from 2 to 4 feet deep, we spent a lot of time there!

Having seen the location of The Palms I would agree that this is probably a better location if you want to be closer to town, but then I did notice that as you get closer to town the boat traffic increases and swimming from the beach might not be as easy.

The staff at Banana Beach is great, helpful and friendly and at the price for a 1 bedroom apartment the value is great, the grounds and rooms are clean and the small size of the resort means that you get to know the other guests very quickly. There were a couple of things at Banana Beach that could have been better. 1)We had a 3rd floor apartment and most mornings between about 7:30am and 8:30am we had no water. Once we figure this out, we showered earlier! 2) The large pool became very cloudy about 5 days into our stay and you couldn't even see the bottom of the pool. It was closed for over a day while they attempted to fix the problem, but never returned to "normal" the rest of our trip. So...we swam out on the sandbar instead.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (bobcat bill), 121 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,077
Posts487,432
Members19,862
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.