Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
You do? Fantastic! That $20 will go a long way towards helping the Saga Humane Society reach their goal of building a new animal clinic. Donations can be made through the Saga website at //www.ambergriscaye.com/sagasociety/donation.html

Please take 5 minutes of your time to make a donation. If you've found any of my posts on this board to be helpful think of it as a pay back. This cause is very close to my heart and I ask everyone to please help out in any way you can.

On October 1st Saga will be evicted from our current facilities and we're trying to raise funds to build a new clinic. While donations are coming in it looks like there is no way they'll be able to get the new facilities up in time unless we radically increase the number of donations or find an angel to front the cost while we work towards raising funds.

Without a clinic on the island the health of the islands animals would rapidly go downhill and we'd soon be seeing increasing numbers of strays and malnourished animals on the streets.

Hundreds read this board and if everyone could give just $20 it would go a long way towards helping us meet our goals.

Cheers,

Simon...

Z
Z
How about helping the poor people first? we need to try to help out the homeless, the children whose parents cannot afford to send them to school. i'm sorry...i love animals, i do...but to me this is seems a bit ludicrous to donate 20bucks a piece for your project. i might as well open my own society for the poor. i understand your love for animals...i do but i simply do not agree. poverty is one of the most serious and persistent problems affecting our economy. some may argue that the homeless are in the situation they are in because of pure laziness. why dont we offer them more jobs so that they dont turn to crime which in turn affects us????

i think right now, there are more serious issues to deal with than this.
i hope you do not take this as offensive simon. i respect what you're doing i just have to voice my opinion. i do not know how many of you out there agree but for those of you who dont...
well i can't win them all...but i shall try!

yours truly,

zapmadcitizen

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
You are most certainly welcome to your opinion. You also have to remember that Saga provides low cost or no cost care to those families who wish to have a pet but cannot afford to provide vaccination, spay/neuter, flea and tick medication and the list goes on. That pet may be the most important thing in a childs life. Take away the ability to love and care for something from a child and they may not learn what it is to give without wanting in return. That my friend is a recipe for a delinquent.

I have my cause and donate significant amounts of my own time and money. Actions speak. Why have you not started your own society for the poor? Why not start an employment clearing house for those without jobs? Why not start a business where you employ as many as possible and take nothing in return? It's fine to denigrate this cause and espouse another but not if you don't back up your words with actions.

G
G
Simon, can we go directly to SAGA and donate? I personally find the other comments on this thread disgusting. Obviously we are all supposed to think exactly like maphed or zapmap or whatever or we are wrong. As someone who has seen a HUGE difference in the condition of dogs and all animals in particular on this island compared to the way it was when I first starting visiting in '98, I think SAGA has done a great job, in improving the health of the animals and in educating everyone on how to maintain their health. It would be a shame to see all their good work start reversing itself at this point!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I feel guilty because I share Simon's sentiments but have never put my hand in my pocket. I will now.

Picking up on Simon's second point, it is standard in UK hospitals for animals to be taken into wards caring for disturbed people. It was long ago discovered that relating to an animal greatly helps in developing social skills.

B
B
We will be down next week @ Banana B and will forego a few Belikins to visit the shelter and donate $20 of "happy hour" funds.
Not meaning to deviate from the thread, but does Fidos or any other place in town have a donation jar or similar set up for the family of Mr. Almendarez?

Simon- Yours is an noble cause. I don't have a printer or a fax machine in my house but you can expect myself and Mrs. njmichael to make a direct donation online at the Saga website tonight as we have in the past.

Simon- We were trying to submit our donation on line as we won't see you till October. Should we mail to you as the Saga site is giving us an Error 403 page when we tried to submit- we only tried a couple times tonight and the same thing happened.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you all for your support, if you wish you can donate through the Saga website as well. The link is //www.ambergriscaye.com/sagasociety/donation.html I just checked it and it works fine.

Cheers,

Simon....

Simon, I will be donating as well. I second what Govikes said!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.