Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi LBI Jerseyboy

It was probably my dog that chased you up north. As was mentioned earlier dogs are great companions and good protection. My dog does not like people cutting through "his" property.
The road along side the Reef Village project is a mess and bikes and golf carts keep breaking down the fence and zooming through on what may look to sme like a back road. It is amazing to me how many people have no respect for property lines then complain when they are chased.
Yes, the beach is 'the Queens Way' and the public has the right to walk or bicycle along this. The strip behind my place is not on the beach and is private property.

I am doing all I can to protect my dog. I'm sorry that some people become very frightened when he chases them and barks. He's not a big guy but has a BIG bark. If you watch he never gets really close and never nips. He chases people until they get to the road.

He was a starved and beaten puppy that a neighbor rescued from the beach a year ago. He was going to take him to SAGA the next day and I said I would take him home to see how he was. I was staying in my new place for the first time that night. He shook uncontrollably for three days and for a month every time I moved my right arm he flinched. Five days later when I took him to SAGA for his shots he weighed only six pounds.
A couple of months later when SAGA had their annual fund raising party and contest Pepe won best of show. When he was six months old he had an appointment with Dr. Shelia and was neutered. The entire procedure was only BZ $45.00. His first visit and all his shots was only BZ $35. They do an amazing job and for very low cost. What do you think these services would cost in the US?

He is very lovable and loves people and is a genuine 45 pound pot licker. He did not start chasing until his best friend, Tessa, was poisoned and died. What would you do it that happened to you? At that time 13 dogs 'up north' were poisoned and ten died. We posted a $1,000 reward for the capture and conviction of the person doing this. The poisoning stopped after the posters went up.

Now it has started again on the south end of the island. A guy actually has a picture of the XXXXX man reaching through the fence with the poisoned food. He filed a police report and I took a flyer to SAGA. Nothing has been done.

Everyone will tell you, you can not have a more loyal pet then one that is rescued. When he is not out chasing you guys he sits not at my feet but on my foot.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
great picture! How did you post it?

Harriette
Hi Scubalady!! I spoke with your neighbor Judy V about this awhile back..what a sad thing and if my best friend was poisoned I would be doing more then chasing...

You can get pics off google (images) or your harddrive and go to www.imageshack.us and hit the browse and then I take the very last option they give in jpg form bring it in here and put [img] in from of it and [/img] behind it do a preview post and wa lahhhhh its posted!

I just received a private message (I didn't know there was such a thing) asking me to remove my post as they thought it was racist and that it was negative to SAGA. I want to assure everyone that I love SAGA and am a supporter. If that did not come across I apologize.
Maybe I should have just posted the picture instead of describing the man. Oooppps - is that sexist saying it was a man?

Harriette
Simon just keep on keeping on and Cover your Ass or all the donations will have to be used for bail money.... eek

for whats its worth I did not take Harriets comment about Saga negatively just that she was frustrated with seeing it happen again.

About the dogs in San Pedro.....
When I was visiting in February I was most impressed with a dog that I saw on the side of the road one afternoon. It was backed up to a cinder block and doing its business in one of the holes. No mess to step around or in! (Except for the owner of the block!)

Frankly, I find it kinda difficult to imagine a Rastaman poisoning dogs.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
Just because a man has dreadlocks doesn't make him a rastaman. Rastafarian is a religion and philosophy of life, an internal way of thinking. You're right, a true rasta would never poison dogs...but a "rastaphoney" might.

L
L
Whoa! Just because we're from NJ doesn't mean we have disregard for other people's property. WE were very conscious of our surroundings and paid particular attention to the small signs warning of "no trespassing", or "You are entering Queens Village beware Of Nazman". We were staying at the Capricorn and that is where we were chased by the dogs. Please keep the donations coming to SAGA a wonderful cause....

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The picture is not of a Rasta it's of a gringo which is one reason I asked Harriet to revise her post (not delete). The other was that the wording implies that nothing was or has been done about poisoning. Harriet is just not aware of the efforts that were and are being made.

No dogs should be running free no matter who owns them. They should be in a fenced yard or on a tie out and should be supplied with sufficient shelter, food and water. If all dog owners on the island adhered to that philosophy there would be a lot fewer strays and a lot fewer problems.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.