Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
San Pedro's International Costa Maya Festival 2005!!

MAD HYPE!

Off the hook for this year. Looks like it'll be the best year ever in the history of Sea & Air and Costa Maya Festival.

The pageant contestants are fine (as usual). Welcome Ms. Nicaragua!!!

KUMBIA KINGS!!!!!!!!!!! Aiy Aiy !!! Fuego Fuego!!!

and the best part....MEXICAN CERVEZAS!!!

FROM THE SAN PEDRO SUN:
The biggest, star-studded event of the year in Belize will once again be taking place this summer, in August, when "La Isla Bonita" hosts the San Pedro Costa Maya Festival 2005, along with the internationally-renowned Reina de la Costa Maya Pageant. This annual summer event is promising to be the greatest so far in the festival's 15th year history, as the organizers have already confirmed the appearance of international stars "Kumbia Kings" (family to the legendary Tex-Mex artist Selena) to perform during the four-day event.

Official opening ceremonies for Costa Maya will be taking place on Thursday, August 4, 2005 and will be followed immediately by the highly-anticipated Reina de la Costa Maya International Pageant. Beauties representing all the Mundo Maya countries will be competing onstage for the coveted crown, dressed in their elegant evening gowns, cultural attires, and the ever-popular swimsuits. This year, the festival committee has invited beauty contestants from Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Belize, as well as Nicaragua in order to include more Central American nations, instead of only the five Mundo Maya countries. The pageant, which has gained much acclaim in the past few years, was televised in many Latin American countries in 2004, and this year's event is promising to be the best so far in the pageant's 10-year history.

The popular Mexican actor/comedian/imitator Arath de la Torre, along with Chetumal's TV personality, Lilian Villanueva, will be hosting this year's pageant, complementing the attractive bevy of beauties onstage, many of them representatives of their country at the Miss Universe Pageant 2005. There will also be other electrifying performances by artists from Honduras, El Salvador and Belize. Taking the stage on Friday will be the number one Reggaeton band in Central America, "Los Legendarios" and performing on Saturday and Sunday nights will be the group of gifted Belizean musicians from Corozal, "Sabor Bahia". Other gifted artists that will appear during the festival include a famous Mexican comedian from Univision's "Otro Rollo" and talented dance groups from El Salvador, Mexico and Belize.

Brief history of Costa Maya

The Mundo Maya world is comprised of five countries- Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala and Mexico. All these countries share a common bond of having a rich Mayan heritage and culture flowing through their history, and if there is one place in the Mundo Maya countries where the people are proud of their heritage, it is on San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize.

In August 1991, the people of San Pedro started the International Sea & Air Festival, a six-day event where all five Mundo Maya countries came together to share their music, dance and culture. It also gave the people of these five countries the opportunity to enhance their ties of brotherhood. Since 1991, the festival has been more colorful and bigger, attracting both local and international tourists to San Pedro during the summer months of July and August.

In 1996, the Reina de la Costa Maya International Pageant was introduced to the six-day festival, and the beautiful representative from Mexico, Miss Maria del Soccoro Retolaza, won the coveted title. Since 1997, the festival has been a powerhouse in bringing to San Pedro the presence of internationally-renowned superstars for concert performances such as Illegales (1997), from the Dominican Republic, Garibaldi (1998), from Mexico, Kairo (1999), from Mexico, Sergio Blas (2000), from Puerto Rico, Laura Leon (2001), from Mexico, Maribel Guardia (2002), from Costa Rica/Mexico, Niurka (2003), from Cuba/Mexico, and Pablo Montero (2004) from Mexico. These professional singing and dancing entertainers have added a tremendous energy to the International Night portion of the festival, bringing a touch of class to the already first rate entertainment provided on other nights. This year, this festival is going all out with the confirmation of the biggest musical stars to perform in its history. A.B. Quintanilla and the "Kumbia Kings" are world-famous for their energetic music and thrilling concert shows. The Kumbia Kings were rated as the best performance in this year's Aca Fest, the biggest annual festival in Mexico, which takes place every year in Acapulco. Along with the Kumbia Kings, the parents of late superstar, Selena, will also be visiting San Pedro, accompanying their son, A.B. Quintanilla.

With only a few more weeks to go before the Costa Maya Festival 2005 kicks off, preparations are now in full force as the festival's committee members are holding weekly meetings to bring forth this big summer event. The committee has already opened its office, which is located downstairs of the San Pedro Town Hall, with telephone number 226-3197. Food and product booths are now available and a space to do business at the festival grounds can be reserved by calling the office in San Pedro. The committee is calling on businesses to support the festival and become a sponsor. Sponsorship is key to the success of the festival, as it is a non- profit organization, which only attracts more tourism to Belize. Become a part of the biggest event in Belize, and make sure to mark your calendar, as the first week of August promises to be a fantastic, star-filled experience.
-San Pedro Sun

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
S
OP Offline
S
Costa Maya 2005 info:

Thu, Fri and Sunday: Adults $20bz, Kids $15bz
Sat: Adults $65bz, Kids $30bz

Four day passes: Adults $95bz, Kids $45bz

Thu: 8PM: Reina de la Costa Maya Int'l Pageant

Fri: Opens at 7PM
7PM - 10PM: Cultural presentations from around Central America and Mexico
10PM: El Show da Lalo Espana
11PM: Los Ledendarios: The Best Reggeaton Band in Central America

Sat: 8PM San Pedro Dance Company (Belize)
9:30 Identidades Grupo de Danza (El Salvador)
10:15 Sabor Bahia (Belize)
11:15 El Beliceno (Belize)
12AM KUMBIA KINGS
2AM Sabor Bahia

Sunday is full of sporting activities and cultural performances.
8PM: National Institute of Culture & History Dance Group
9PM: Sabor Bahia

SERIOUS BLAST!!! Be there!!

SIN

Sounds Awesone, I am soooooo jealous!!!!!!!

THANK YOU so much SIN for the schedule, I really appreciate it. I am SO excited. See you and many others there!

FUEGO, FUEGO, CHOCOLATE, Y NO TENGO DINERO Y MUCHAS CANCIONES MASSSSSSSSSSS!

OK, I've decided that my trip to AC next year will be during Costa Maya Festival. I missed it by a week last year and this year so the 3rd time's the charm!

wink

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Gela, think about coming for Carnaval, too, best time of year I ever came to AC!

S
OP Offline
S
Reef Radio has the CD. I guess the tracts don't match the listing on the inside cover?? Anyhow, I selected three tracts for them to highlight over the four day weekend.

Pageant was good, very professional for our standards. Wait until you see the stage. Biggest stage ever for BE. It's Juan Gabriel's stage from Mexico. VERY NICE!!!

Good tacos from Mexico and ICE COLD DOS EQUIS, SOL & SUPERIOR!!

Time for a Michelada!

SIN

S
OP Offline
S
Check out one of the opening acts for The Kumbia Kings; Belizean Entertainment

Very talented group of artists including Conchita Moreno from the well known Moreno family of Cayo (Jade).

SIN

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.