Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#107279 08/15/05 09:07 AM
D
DonnaF Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I really hate to ask such a dumb question! But when 9000 people were evacuated from AC before Emily, I began to wonder just how crowded is this place?

Why do I ask??

I love people, but I hate crowds.

Some of you are saying there are 9000 people in my office building. Well, there are only 10,000 people in my whole home town!

SO, we are debating between Placencia and AC - or splitting this time with maybe 3 nights each. Plus we will have 5 nights in the Cayo area.

For our beach time, we will certainly be snorkeling, maybe some fishing, but for my down time of doing nothing but relaxing on the beach - will it be body to body on the beach?! I guess I have fears of Cancun or Jamaica or even that tiny little Dominican Republic area where you can't step on the beach without tripping over someone!

A crowd at a restaurant or bar is not a problem, unless it means long lines to get a table.

I am leaning toward booking Mata Rocks for this portion.

Help me to get a sense of this area, please.

Thanks

Not to worry. cool

Don't worry, AC is nothing like Cancun. The only times I saw anything even approaching a crowd is when the ferry from the mainland would arrive, and they generally dispersed quickly or hung out on the piers waiting for the dive trips.

Otherwise, unless someplace is having a barbeque or something, you never have to worry about large crowds.

AC is not all that crowded (by other tourist place standards) but Placencia is less crowded for sure.

DonnaF, Hang out in San Pedro for a weekend and enjoy the night life, great food and the town, and then head to Placencia for a slice of peaceful paradise. Easy to do and both spots are great in their own way. cool

S
S
There are three hotels in Las Vegas that each have more rooms than all of AC has...

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Absolutely packed. Can't move for all the geckos and land crabs.

Donna, of all the times I've been down to AC, the words packed, over-crowded, a mob scene has never entered my mind. The major rush hour grid-lock is usually caused by ducks out for a walk in the afternoon.

You're going to be fine Donna... eek

B
B
Just came back from AC.
We did not even see people on our walk into town. We had a great time. Food was delicious. Fishing was great.

Oh I saw a crowd once, it was a parade of children. We could not move down the street, had to just stand and watch the children with smiles ear to ear.
Dear Donna, I have been to Cancun and Playa del Carmen, both have beautiful beaches, as long as you do not mind being elbow to elbow with strangers.
Enjoy Belize laugh

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.