Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
OP Offline
D
Our previous four visits have been January/February. Our routine was BCs, Palapa Bar & Hammock House on Sunday, Canucks on Monday...Does the same go for low season? Anything new or different? Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

September features two major Belizean holidays (10th and 21st)- there are parades and celebrations for both. Fun and lots of local color.
September is also the time when a lot of restaurants take time off for refurbishing and a general vacation.
September is also when we spend a lot of time watching the weather - Iris and Keith were unwelcome September visitors.
If anybody wants a hint about October - Halloween is a big deal in San Pedro - tons of parties with prizes for costumes (the rest of the country is not into Halloween, but SP does it up BIG).

D
OP Offline
D
Diane - thanks for the info. Unfortunately, we will miss the two holidays. In town last week of August. Is the routine the same then as far as music offerings, etc.?

I have just returned from AC. Things were very quiet.

As for music offerings, Dennis Wolfe plays all over the place still - BCs on Thursday and Sunday nights (6:30 - 10:30pm I believe).

The Lady Sharon is headed for protective waters so she is not sunset sailing frown

Skinny has closed the Hammock House for the hurricane season. He plays at Mambos (or is it Mangos?), Fidos & Tackle Box (Mon/Tue/Wed respectively I believe).

As previously mentioned by Simon, there's a new band called 20/20 - did not check them out but they appear to play Fido's several nights a week.

Restaurants:
Casa Picasso is closing at the end of August and will reopen in November with some new menu treats laugh

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Gela- any idea when in Nov they will re open ? I've heard great things about Picasso and was looking forward to it...

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
WHAT??? No Casa Picasso in Sept? Chris - is this true?

Well #$%&!!!! No Casa Picasso? Not even until September 4th? I have been waiting an entire year to eat there and they are going to be closed when I am in SP.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
start showering Chris with emails - he must stay open through Labor Day weekend (pleeeease)tell him we'll drink enough martinis to make it worth his while wink

D
OP Offline
D
I emailed Chris...A trip to SP would not be complete without some delicious tapas and a couple of martinis @ Casa!

U
U
Yes, the band 20/20 plays at Fidos Courtyard on Wed. and Sat. every week. You guys really need to check them out. They do a great blend of old and new rock, plus lots of blues and funk to get the booties shakin'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.