Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
Help! I'm getting confused with all the reading and research I am doing on AC. This is our 1st trip (March 2006). I would love some advice from you seasoned AC visitors. We will be taking our kids (14 yrs. - boy; 11 yrs. - girl). We have been considering Ramons, The Palms, Exotic Caye..do any of these fit better than the others based on what we are looking for? Here is our list...
- close to town
- private bedroom (for my husband & I)
- a kitchenette or at a minimum a frig
- pool
- snokeling - my kids love to just get in the water and snokel at their leisure (although we will be scheduling some snorkel/drive trips)
- an on-property bar (love the convenience & love to meet people)
- air conditioning (do we need this)?
Thank you...

S
spl Offline
S
what is your budget, please let us know this to better assist.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
:p Stay at the Palms and use Ramon's facilities next door.Everything you need and right next to town. Perfect. Live the dream

Check out Aqua Marina Suites.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Will need two bedroom AC is a must- breezes are delightful but they leave you wet and soggy when you wake(east winds are like that).(www belizepalms.com)

I've stayed at Exotic Caye a few times and prefer
i because of the distance to town situation that provides a quieter place to relax. They have an above ground pool and a very popular onsite bar.
Coconuts is close providing another popular bar and restaurant. Nice beach area too!

S
S
The only one of the 3 that doesn't have all options you requested is the Palms as they don't have a bar. However, the best place to meet people (BC's) is only 100 yards up the beach.

Which ever one you choose you'll need to get your reservation in ASAP, by this time of year availability for March is getting slim.

Originally posted by poolgirl:
Help! I'm getting confused with all the reading and research I am doing on AC. This is our 1st trip (March 2006). I would love some advice from you seasoned AC visitors. We will be taking our kids (14 yrs. - boy; 11 yrs. - girl). We have been considering Ramons, The Palms, Exotic Caye..do any of these fit better than the others based on what we are looking for? Here is our list...
- close to town

We're staying at the Coral Villas Condos - they're to be excellent or at least we hope it is - will be there Nov. 13th for 5 days.
- pool
- snokeling - my kids love to just get in the water and snokel at their leisure (although we will be scheduling some snorkel/drive trips)
Thank you...

Fish never hold their breath - Cheers to the Fish!
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for the replies so far. spl...budget? Well, it would be nice to stay under $200, but to get what we are looking for, we would consider up to $250. Hope this helps.

D
D
We stayed at Xanadu last May. It seems to fit the bill you listed below. We cooked a big breakfast everymorning and it is close (100 feet to a small grocery.) to food and town. Free bikes for all free kayaks and a pool. Check out our trip report at http://www.dave-lori-home.com/belize%20travel.htm for plenty of pictures of the other resorts and info.
Originally posted by poolgirl:
- close to town
- pool
Thank you...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.