Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#108965 10/04/05 05:15 PM
J
OP Offline
J
My name is Joaquin! I live in chicago and am flying in to cancun and visiting ambergris caye for the first time in December. How would I go about taking a bus there from cancun? What is the safest way actually that is what I am most concerned about? Thank You!

#108966 10/04/05 06:18 PM
S
S
When you get out of the airport turn right and walk about 1/4 mile to the ADO bus stop. Take the bus to the main terminal (about $1.50US) take the ADO bus to Chetumal (about $25US) at that point we take a van across the border (I can give you a number if you need) to Corozal for about $35US but you can take a bus as well (not sure of details).

Once in Corozal you can fly to AC, boat to AC or bus to Belize City and fly or boat from there anyone in town will help you find your way whichever method you decide on.

Every way is safe.

#108967 10/04/05 07:49 PM
As to busing across the border instead of taking a taxi, it's easy. Generally you can just change to a Belize-bound bus (Novelo's, Northern Tranport or James) at the ADO terminal. At certain times, mainly early morning, you may need to take a short taxi ride to the Nuevo Mercado (New Market) station to catch the Belize bus -- ask in the ADO terminal or ask someone on the ADO bus, if it's not clear. There are buses from Chetumal heading to Corozal and then on to Belize City roughly every hour from early morning to late afternoon. The bus across the border is only a couple of bucks, and it's almost as fast as a taxi.

Unless you want to overnight in Corozal, which isn't a bad idea as it's such a pleasant place and a fraction of the price of San Pedro, you'll be better off flying from Coro to San Pedro. There are about five flights a day each on Maya Island and Tropic, less than US$40. Just ask the bus driver or attendant to drop you at the Corozal airstrip, just south of town.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#108968 10/05/05 07:07 AM
K
K
I know the Cancun/Corozal topic has been addressed before, but those were two of the most informative responsive posts I've ever seen on this board.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.