Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
boyce1 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello everyone,

Been looking for a place in Ambergris Caye for the 1st week of December. There will be 5 adults (early 50's Yikes!) and we would need 3 bedrooms.

We are looking for either a house/condo or hotel. We aren't too picky but would definitely want to be on the water. If it were a house we would like a pool but would settle for a hot tub. For a condo or hotel we would want a nice pool with a good bar (LOL).

So far I am leaning towards one of the three bedroom units at Banana Beach. Most of what I have seen of it seems like what we are looking for however the sites all seem to be run by travel agents - does anyone have direct contact info for them. (I've had some bad experiences with booking thru agencies but won't rule them out if necessary.)

Does anyone have a recommendation for some place other than BB?

Seems like you have quite a nice forum here and I am looking forward my first visit to Belize!

TIA!

J
J
Have you checked out Victoria House. They have a villa or two that might accommodate what you are looking for. They are right on the water and have a great pool. Restaurant was great when I was there in 2001. Going back with my wife on our anniversary in December. Can't wait.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Banana Beach has everything you asked for, plus some. Their contact is: [email protected]

We've always booked directly with them.

Click on the Lodging link at the very top of this page for direct access to most all the properties on the island.

Hon Offline
http://www.bananabeach.com/ should get you all the info you need...agent free laugh

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Exotic Caye Beach resort at www.belizeisfun.com. Pool, beach bar, small restaurant on site that serves from 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Great specials going on right now.

B
boyce1 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
JLOWE - Thanks for the tip on Victoria House - it looks awesome and I am sure it would be great for a honeymoon, anniversary or romantic getaway! For this trip however I don't think we will be spending too much time in our rooms and can't justify spending almost double what Banana Beach would cost us. We may have to check out their restaurant and bar though!

lawcucui and Hon - thanks for the contact info. I will be getting an email off shortly to check availability! Lodging link - whoda thunk! I need new glasses!

Fluffy thanks for the tip - it didn't look like they had any 3 bedrooms but it looks like a nice place.

If we don't stay together (and believe me it is like herding cats!) we would spend half our time looking for each other or end up hanging out in one cramped room LOL!

Thanks everyone!

I was at Banana Beach in May with 6 people that were in their 50s and early 60's and had a great time. We had 3 rooms that were all connected on the 2nd floor.

I need another vacation.
B
boyce1 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well I have sent off an email to Banana Beach and once I get a response I will run it by the rest of my group.

Thanks again everyone for your help!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.