Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
A group of us will be staying at Costa Maya Reef Resort which is 6 miles north of San Pedro. Our questions.

Do you have suggestions of where to eat in that vacinity?

Is Bicycle and foot the only land transportation there or do the electric carts also traverse that far north?

We have heard that Island Supermarket on the south side of San Pedro is the best stop for groceries. Do you agree?

How are the mosquitoes in those parts at this time of year? A few at night? During day? No see-ums or other pests in Oct-Nov?

Do you have recommendations for excursions? We will be there for one week in Oct-Nov.

Besides bathing suits, snorkling gear, passports, sunscreen, and casual clothing, what items would you recommend bringing? Been on a trip there and wish you had brought something? What?

Thanks.

wild bill -- folks more knowledgable than myself are on this board, but as one who recently stayed North on AC I would recommend doing biking and golf carts only for fun and not the primary means of getting from here to there on AC. I know you asked specifically about land transportation but that is one heck of a bumpy and uncomfortable ride into town from up there. As for groceries, check out www.lagniappe-belize.com and get yourself fully stocked before arrival -- no sense lugging groceries all over the island when you're on vacation. Mosquitos, my god yes, but bearable if you stay near the beach at dawn and dusk and bring plenty of repellant.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Eat: (Hopefully everybody is open) Portofino, the place at Mata Chica can't remember name....

Your list of things to bring looks complete to me.

flashlight! Bring a flashlight for walking the beach at night or for the occassional power outage. Also, a couple of garbage bags for keeping dirty (and/or wet) clothes separate from clean helped us a lot on the trip back.

Rendezvous, Capricorn, Rojo, Hamiltons

RENDEZVOUS RESTAURANT & WINERY presents
The San Pedro International Jazzfest, December 17th & 18th 2005
Featuring: Chris McNulty, Paul Bollenback and many more!
W
OP Offline
W
How do the prices at http://www.lagniappe-belize.com compare with shopping at Island supermarket and surrounds. Do you pay much more because of the delivery service or is it economical enough to go that route?

Didn't shop around -- maybe someone else can answer. It can be pricey, but when we considered the cost of eating out EVERY meal and/or the inconvenience of lugging groceries like milk, crates of beer, etc on the ferry North, it was well worth it. We ordered a fair amount of alcohol and save a whole lot there.

W
OP Offline
W
There have been many helpful comments. Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 257 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.