Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#109438 10/16/05 04:30 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
I am trying to kill the HELP page from hell, at:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/help

i have carved it up into pieces and fed them into an sql knowledgebase.

feel like testing? its not 'officially' open yet.
but you guys are my testers....

//AmbergrisCaye.com/info/

comments? just got it up so there might be a few problems i haven't seen yet. email me at [email protected] or leave a note here if you see edits that need to be made, or things that are crazy. or don't work.

folks can ask questions there, and my answers can go straight into the database for others if iwannaem to.

also putting in a nice new site wide search engine with an sql base. gotta keep those upgrades coming.... another couple daze that sucker'll be ready

thanks...

til then play with this:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/google/
google without the damn ads all over

mc

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
i made icons for each section. that makes it load a bit slow. does that bug anyone? is it too slow to load the fron page with all those icons?

:>
i love pictures

I browsed through it and for now didn't find any mistakes. I did find 2 omissions however... no mention of the deluxe 300 car drive-in or the monorail? eek

But actually everything I tried worked for now anyway. Will come back later and give it another go.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks Denny!
i'll put in the drive in. and put the monorail on the map....

lol eek

Actually so far I haven't found anything not working... I went back again and it looks fine. Good job.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
graci. holdin gup so far.. adding images now....
actually, i think i'll take a break. been at it 3 days

what day is it, which way is up, can i still walk? got the font size in my browser HUGE cause the eyes are going out a bit... when i get this energy its best to go with it. good things happen then i buckle

S
S
You need to visit with Big Bird

C
C
I reviewed your help page and the questions by category are excellent. The icons did not cause the page to load too slowly on my system but I do have cable broadband access.
Using the Search engine withour categories returns links to questions which appear to be unrelated. For example the the search "health food" returned a link to "How can I get a bus from Mexico to Belize?" evidently because it mentions the word food. I tried to use the words "health food" in quotes hoping the search would be limited to examples where the two words would be used together but it did not seem to make any difference. Advanced search did not seem to be any help except to encourage the use of categories.
I think that it might be better to reduce the prominence of the Search the Knowledgebase feature and make the View Questions by Category, Most Popular Questions, and Most Popular Searches stand out. The icons help.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you. i noticed when looking for questions with the admin search the same thing. i will bring it up with the script authors. thanks for the impetus...

Marty - There is a 3rd, and very good bank, on Front street right across from the food vendors. Alliance Bank is open a little later in the day the Atlantic but I don't remember the exact hours. I have had wonderful service from them; they even covered an overdraft.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.