Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#109728 10/20/05 11:07 AM
S
sherri Offline OP
OP Offline
S
can anyone give me a positive review on aquamarina suites? I have reservations in nov.
looks like I am going to be disapointed.
also, do I need to pre arrange travel from international airport to SP?

aquamarina suites
single choice
resorts (83%, 5 Votes)
travel (17%, 1 Votes)
Total Votes: 6
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
#109729 10/20/05 11:22 AM
Where did you get your information? What are you expecting?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#109730 10/20/05 11:40 AM
I don't know where you are looking but bear in mind that on the Internet reviews the people who comment generally are doing so because they are really, really happy with the place or really unhappy. That means the majority - who are probably happy with the accomodation don't bother. I have read reviews for the places we have stayed on tripadvisor.com and they are polar opposites. Either the best resort in the world or a den of evil thieves with cockroaches the size of cats. The sites do not give a true picture, try to average it out and bear in mind that the people may well have an axe to grind.

By the way, tripadvisor.com gives the place high marks and good reviews but as I say, be wary of online reviews and take them with a pinch of salt...

#109731 10/20/05 11:41 AM
S
sherri Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I saw some comments here on this site. I expecting a staff that is accommodating. A clean room. and a view that looks out at the ocean not the grave yard. I am not a five star person but I do expect a staff that is helpful. are you familar with the place?

#109732 10/20/05 11:45 AM
S
sherri Offline OP
OP Offline
S
thanks apache. can you recommend flying or riding the boat over from the international airpot? also, a good dive master for my husband. We are looking for one of those quick dives for beginners while we are there.

#109733 10/20/05 11:58 AM
Sorry, I am not an expert but some of the guys on this board who are much more faniliar will help you I am sure. My opinion is that Amigos Del Mar were very helpful and Professional but I am sure others have favourites.

#109734 10/20/05 12:26 PM
Hi Sherri,

I agree with apache. I did some searching before our first trip to Belize last year. The place we booked at (Ramon's) had some awful reviews, but we loved it.

My only advice: wear bug spray (it is a tropical island) and don't expect all the high-rise super hotels of other destinations. Part of the charm of Ambergris Caye is the lack of over development and paved roads. The people are friendly, it is safe and very laid back. The diving is fantastic, and there are some fantastic restaurants. Belize is not the sanitized stuffy atmosphere of resorts. Leave your stress (and shoes) behind.

There is another thread here where people are suggesting their favorite dive instructors and the dive company they are associated with.

I haven't been to Aquamarine Suites, but passed it on our way to Captain Morgan's. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

Best of luck with your resort course! Be prepared to be in awe of the abundance of amazing creatures you'll meet in the reef.

~Sue

#109735 10/20/05 12:34 PM
S
S
I wouldn't be too worried about AquaMarina Suites. If you don't want the graveyard view and want the best rooms, they are, in order from best to very good:
307, 306, 207, and 206....looking at their picture from the water, these are the rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor, left side.

#109736 10/20/05 02:00 PM
Where else can you look at the sea and a cemetery? REALLY! The cemetery is tiny, well maintained and nothing like the big green ones you may be used to.
I actually considered buying one of the condos here; they are nice for vacationing but not large enough to live in.
They are right in the middle of town, have a pool and little restaurant bar. The Stained Glass Pub, one of the highly rated eating-places and & Candace's Laundry is right out your back door. Marie at the Pub is an excellent chef and Max; the owner of the laundry will give you good service.
Although I don't particularly recommend Aqua Divers the same people that own the suites own them. You may get a price break from them.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#109737 10/20/05 10:02 PM
I Have 40 guests staying there in February and 32 stayed there this February. My group loved it and I have also spent a few nights there and enjoyed it. Get the Suites, not the jr. suites and you will love it! Dive with Amigos del Mar or Pro tech. And fly to AC> Now go have a great vacation! cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.