Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
I was just about to book my June reservations at Banyan Bay but decided to get some more advice first. My short list includes Banyan Bay, Xanadu, Mata Rocks, The Palms, and Ramon's. I need to book this week otherwise I will fail out of dental school because I read and search this forum (incredibly helpful by the way) about six hours a day. My fiance is pretty well traveled (hawaii, cancun, bahamas, some other islands that i don't even know the names of) so I want made a good decision. I know she won't be disappointed but I am a little nervous planning everything. The hotels I have listed are about in the same location and price isn't an issue so don't let that weigh in on your advice. Thanks in advance.

rlm

Have you looked at this map?

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html

the 5 acco's you selected are not exactly "in the same location" other than being on the same island. There;s approx 1.5 mi difference between MR ( the farthest from town on your list)and The Palms, (closest to town).

A "good decision" can only be made once you have qualified your desires/needs. Things like AC/no AC, pool/no pool, in town/out of town, mini kitchen/no kitchen......

facts dude facts, b4 we can help (or simply use the search feature, upper right)

edit: Highly unlikely she's gonna divorce ya after the honyemoon in the unlikely event she doesn't like BZ! So relax. Dent school is much tougher than this.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
spl Offline
S
People have given you advice and you have not taken it so why continue to ask for advice. Take a chance...and get some b a l l s. Book. Scratch Ramon's off the list. No Tv's (not that you need it here but the others have it), small box rooms with no seperate bedroom which the others also have. Latestly, stop the worrying and enjoy. All others you listed are gorgeous.

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the replies. I was mainly looking for a "not this one" so thanks spl. However spl- I have taken advice. I didn't know that you could read my private messages from other members of the board to know that i haven't taken advice. Maybe the function is messed up, i dont know...

I have looked at the map (some more advice that i took from the board) Im pretty sure the places I listed all have a/c, pool, some type of kitchen, all within my idea of walkable distance (hence the word 'about'.) so maybe I actually was a good fact-checking dude. The list has been narrowed down to include what I consider my desires/needs. I have searched the archives quite extensively. I am sure almost everything has been asked about each resort/restaurant/dive company at some time so I guess one shouldn't have to post new topics anymore. I didn't mean to clutter the board with my obvious "no taking advice anyway, unresearched post." So thanks for your extremely helpful comments, why waste your time to even reply?

S
spl Offline
S
no ramons no kitchen. unless you get the presidential suite. you did not clutter up the board, don't think that. I am just saying go ahead and book because everyone on the board will tell you something different anyways. You did not waste anyones time. have fun.

S
S
I'd scratch Ramons. That leaves you with 3 south and one north. Mata Chica is a great place with a great restaurant, but it's north. For a first trip then, that would leave me with the three south...You have researched well and any one of these would be great.
Good luck! smile

which one is located north from his list?

Mata Chica

He said Mata Rocks not Mata Chica smile

S
S
Oops, my bad. However, I would also delete Mata Rocks from the company of the other three. It is the furthest south of the four and the rooms at the Banyan Bay & The Palms are much nicer...in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.