Next Thread
Print Thread
#109898 10/24/05 12:19 AM
M
Mouse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi,
I am thinking about a last minute trip to Belize, Wilma ruined my vacation, but I don't know much about A.C. My husband dives, I snorkle and I'm looking for a place that's romantic ( 2nd anniversary)but also low key, has some spa services, and is close to the dive operators.
Thanks for any and all input!

#109899 10/24/05 08:04 AM
Hi Mouse,

SO sorry to hear of your vacation getting wiped out by Wilma, but I think you'll find Ambergris Caye a pleasant change. Most places on AC will be quiet, and the whole island has an air of romance. It is not a place that has high-rise, hotel chains. It has a laid-back, friendly atmosphere that I have yet to find anyplace else.

Last year we stayed at Ramon's in our own cabana. Thatched roof, quiet, and no TV in the room (never missed it once!) Snorkeling off of the pier at Ramon's is interesting --featuring a moray eel, nurse shark and many tropical fish. Great place, with a very friendly staff.

An afternoon of snorkeling in Shark Ray Ally is not to be missed. The diving is spectacular�too much to type. There are a few dive centers along the beach, but I highly recommend Amigos Del Mar. Great crew - very professional, accommodating and fun.

We loved the area so much we bought a timeshare at Captain Morgan's which is more north of the main town. We're staying there for 10 days starting Nov 5th (can't wait!!!!)

There is a day spa in town, in case the place you choose doesn't have one on site.

Happy anniversary and enjoy your stay! You won't be disappointed!!!!

#109900 10/24/05 08:49 AM
Portofino up North is Very romantic! Dive operators will pick you up at Portofinos pier OR you can go into town and pick your own. Very quiet, no golf cart gas fumes from town. Perfect for an anniversary.

#109901 10/24/05 08:52 AM
S
S
The spa operators in town will bring the spa to your room if you're hotel doesn't have one and the dive shops will also pick you up at your hotel if there isn't one on site. Now all you have to do is figure out whether or not you want to be right in town or out of town and how much you want to spend.

Victoria House, Mata Chica, Portofino, Xanadu, Azul, Captain Morgan's and Ramon's are all popular honeymoon/anniversary properties but the options are endless.

#109902 10/24/05 12:46 PM
M
Mouse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Scuba Sue, SimonB and Malibu,
There is so many appealing options, I appreciate the input, now I have to narrow down the choices and see what's available on such short notice. Thanks again!
Mouse

#109903 10/24/05 02:57 PM
Mouse / See how things work... That damn Wilma is going to give you and your husband a wonderful 2nd anniversary! Can you believe how helpful the people are on this message board? I've never seen anything like it! The people on this site will not stear you wrong. They are awesome!
HAVE A BLAST!

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
#109904 10/24/05 03:56 PM
My recommendations are Belize Yacht Club, Ramon's, Exotic Caye, Sun Breeze, & Banana Beach.

HERE'S SOME WEBSITES SO YOU CAN CHECK THEM OUT.

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/lodge/lodgingprices.html

www.adventureinbelize.com

ArtZ SmartZ
#109905 10/24/05 04:59 PM
Look at Victoria House. If it's in your budget, a fabulous place for an anniversary. Low key but beautiful.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#109906 10/24/05 07:17 PM
The Palms is also very good. Condo with all the estentials, refrigerator to keep your beer cold and if you want to have snacks and stuff they also come with kitchens. Close to town, a spa is just five minutes walk down the beach. Regardless of which you pick you will have a wonderful time in San Pedro.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 370 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.