Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
record?

Hi, we bought a timeshare after swearing we never would. Why? Well, put simply it was (to us) a pretty good offer. The accomodation is great (http://www.angrypig.com/belize/ for some pics of the rooms) and we bought 2 weeks every other year.

This means we are not tied to AC every year but we do not have the hassle of selling the weeks etc. The system they have for selling / swapping sounds good but it still ties you to places with time shares which we may not want.

So, it's not the cheapest deal but if you compare to a reasonable hotel - we stayed at Ramons, it's pretty good. So far they have been very friendly and helpful.

As for the resale market. Agreed, if you can get it cheaper then why not. BUT...Belize is a very small and desireable market. In Florida the resale market is fantastic as it is so overcrowded. In Belize I don't think that will happen. Treat it as a vacation reservation not an investment and you won't go too far wrong.

Oh, and labour with an 'extra' u is labouur and that is just silly!!

S
S
True, Florida has overbuilt their timeshare product thus weakening the resale values.

Take a look at some select properties in Kaui (ie. Mariott), folks are making a small profit on their resales.

Supply and demand.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
S
OP Offline
S
Hello Apache1048 - thanks for your input. They didn't offer us a choice of once every other year - we were told we got a week/year. I like the flexibility of your arrangement.

Now that you've had your time share awhile, what do you think about it? Has it been worth it?

Your pics and captions are really good - they made me laugh on a day when I needed a good laugh.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.