Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
OP Offline
W
Good Morning,

My wife and I are flying into Belize International on Saturday Nov 5th, we arrive at 3:40PM (CO).

I have read that you can either go to San Pedro taking Maya air or by water taxi. We are traveling on a budget, so $$ is definitely a factor. I have also been checking the Belize Weather Service and "rough seas" seems to be a permanent fixture in their web site.

Questions:
If we arrive at 3:40 PM, can we still make it on time to take the water taxi?

I have also read some postings about water taxi service on call, can someone recommend a good one?

How long does the water taxi take?
Is there a clear advantage to flying (if time is not a consideration and cost is)?

Thanks for your help

S
S
If you arrive at 3:40pm you won't be able to take a water taxi. By the time you clear customs and taxi into the city it'll be at least an hour if not more. Sunset is at 5:20pm or so and it's an hour and 20 minute ride.

Best to fly on Tropic Air or Maya and be relaxed when you arrive. Especially if you have another water taxi ride to your property.

I agree with Simon completely.

J
J
willie, there is a nother option and that is to take a 20 min taxi ride to municipal airport for 20 bucks, you get to chat up the driver and see some "sites", and it effectively cuts your airfare in half by flying out of 'muni'. with 2 people it is not as good as 3 0r 4 people but you still hsve a net savings and it's kinda cool to do. john in denver ps check the internet for the schedule of maya air and tropic and set your ressies up ahead of time giving yourself plenty of time to clear customs. if you get there early you can always try to get an earlier flite!!

S
S
If you do it that way make sure to book the last flight of the day out of Municipal. If you get there early you may be able to get on an earlier flight but if you get there late for a prior flight chances are you won't get on a flight. The 5th is going to be a busy day for travel and the last flight is almost always full. If you fly from International and are late there will likely be planes added as everyone will be late, not so with municipal. The municipal option works best when you arrive early in the day and times are more flexible.

J
J
belize disc. went to your site and could not get a ressie for for muni. how do i do that?? john in denver

W
OP Offline
W
Thank you all for your responses.

I guess it all depends on if the flight will be on time, and how long it takes to clear customs and immigration; I guess if we are 15 minutes late and in by 4:00 PM, another 30 minutes to clear customs, a taxi ride that takes another 30 minutes, that puts us in the Municipal airport at 5:00 PM for a 5:30 flight...I'm assuming here that the municiapl airport will be a lot smaller and laid back than any airport in the US/Canada these days, so no long wait at security lines or anything like that. Does this make sense?

2 more questions:

If all of this fails, and I end up having to spend the night in Belize City, will the airline send me on the first flight the following morning?

How does this 10% dicount thing work?

Thanks again

C
C
there used to be a time when the only place you could get a flight to AC was from the municipal airport.

C
C
Air service to San Pedro from the International arpt. started around 1965.

C
C
what airline was that "cracked up"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 241 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.