Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#110679 11/01/05 06:09 PM
OP Offline
What is the availability of broadband internet access in SP? Cable or DSL? Did I hear correctly that all of Belize is now a WiFi hotspot? Or is it just in selected hotels, condos, resorts, etc?

S
S
Don't know about the WiFi, Digicell does provide access to cell phones now. DSL is in and runs $100 per month.

All of Belize does not even have electricity or regular phone service, let alone WiFi.

me thinks( no, knows) Tag has bad info.

Think about it - how in the hell could the whole country be a hotspot? As dabunk says, infrastructure for the basics we yanks take for granted do not exist countrywide.

Some resorts do, yes, for a small daily fee.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S
Actually cell phones have very good coverage across the entire country and you can now access the internet on your cell phone so it's not a stretch to WiFi. If anything, Belize has kept up well on the wireless side, if access only cost what it did in the US.

BZ has better cell coverage than we do here in Maine, actually. Just didn't do the connect...thx Simon.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Simon, The cell coverage in Belize is not nearly country wide, not even 50%. Check BTL tower locations on their map. Around the major cities yes, but that is a small part of Belize.

S
S
I've been all over the country from PG to Benque and BC to Corozal and out on the waters from North to South and have experienced very few outages. I even had friends working at the Caracol site that I was able to call as far back as 2002. I was even able to get access on the water from Livingston, Guatemala. Things have improved over the last few years.

Well good.
So while in BZ if I get a BZ cell phone will I be able to recieve calls from the US? Will I be charged extra? Can I make calls to the US on the cell phone or is it just in country? Thanks

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Simon, is DSL $100 BZ or $100 US ?

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.