Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
peisre Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I will be spending Thanks Giving in AC. I was wondering what's best to take, cash,($US), traveller checks, etc.
Thanks!

We take some cash, the rest in travelers checks & then tuck in a credit card for emergencies. 17 more sleeps laugh

Time flys - have fun!
W
W
This was a good (and recent) thread about money:

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/010887.html#000003

We get charged $7.21US for every ATM withdrawl (we stopped doing that!), and just a dollar or 2 for CC charges. Cashing travelers cheques has depended on who is cashing them, it's been free, or a $1.50 (that was the cost regardless of how much we were cashing).

How much money for a couple to eat three squares a day for 14 days. Good filling breakfeasts, light lunch and good filling dinners. a few belikens too. Not into fancy food/expensive. Maybe once or twice. We were planning on $$75 per day for both of us. Is that enough.

It depends on how much you eat or drink. You can easily spend 75-150, just depends. Some days we drink more than we eat, some days we eat more than we drink. I take extra $$, just in case. You can always put it back in the bank when you get back IF you don't spend it. Many of San Pedro's restaurants menus are posted with the price of items on this site, I would check them out, most are in Belize $$.

Time flys - have fun!
Woh! Three squares for 14 days? I would definitely consider Simon's service -- www.lagniappe-belize.com. You will save considerable money over that period of time by eating 1/4 of your meals or so in your room. Even just breakfasts and you'd save!!! It was a God-send for us.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Thanks Otteralum. I just printed their provisioning pages. Now,to decide what to have stocked before we arrive. They have practically anything you could want.

A
A
I just read the thread Whitewater pasted on here and found out that money exchangers are now illegal??? Is it only bank who can exchange travellers cheques? What happened to the money exchange across C's that somebody mentioned to me before? Can someone please receommend a place where I can exchange travellers cheques with no fee? Thanks!

you can pay for your goods & services with TC almost anywhere, usually at par. It's not a big deal. Just don't expect one of the little local shops to cash larger TC's.

Your hotel will cash them for you, most likely.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.