Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#111114 11/11/05 05:12 PM
U
OP Offline
U
Does anyone have any updated info on Costa Maya Reef Resort? I've seen several old reviews that are pretty harsh. I am curious about the rooms, food, dive company, etc. I understand it's a long ways from town and everything gets billed to your credit card rather than cash but that's not an issue.

Also, is anyone familiar with the "Getaway" package offered on Costa Maya's website where if you attend a 2-hour presentation for the timeshares, you get a discounted package. It's a very good rate at that, under $100 a night for a week in a 1BR. It's offered by a company called Rancho Banderas, which is a timeshore resort/company in Mexico. I'm not sure if it's legitimate but if it's on the Costa Maya website, it should be.

I've done lots of research on pretty much every rental property on AC and Costa Maya seems to offer a lot compared to the rest (at the Getaway price only, though. I wouldn't pay the regular room rate).

Any new insight into Costa Maya would be appreciated.

#111115 11/11/05 08:16 PM
S
S
Relax! Come ahead and enjoy yourself... it'll be fine.

#111116 11/14/05 11:23 AM
T
T
We stayed at Costa Maya the last two years and have bought a time share from them. Yes, the resort is far from town, but we enjoy the quietness of that. Also with having 4 teens we feel more comfortable with them not having easy access to town. The restaurant at the resort is great and the service from all of the staff is also wonderful. All tour guides will pick you up at your dock and Mexico Rocks is so close you can take a Kayak to the reef to snorkel. Only downfall is that if you want to go to town it costs $10 US per person one way. For a family of 6 $120 round trip is way too steep! We also had a few problems with the electricity in our condo everytime we would cook dinner. But like I said the staff was great and were always there to fix the problem promply.And bring OFF, the mosquitos after dark were bad. All that being said we all had a great time and are planning a trip for next year!

#111117 11/18/05 01:44 PM
D
D
I stayed at the resort in September. It's nice enough and the staff is real friendly. The food the first night was fabulous (they had a buffet), however, we weren't thrilled with the food the rest of the week and it was too far to go anywhere else. The nearest restaurant was appx. a mile and that was further than we wanted to walk for dinner after dark. The mosquitoes were wayyyyyyyyyyy to bad to be out walking to anywhere else!! So if you decide to stay there, take lotsssssssss of mosquito spray! The one thing that was nice was that mexico rocks was directly in front of the resort, however you couldn't get to them unless you pay someone to take you out there in a boat or take a kayak and that wasn't an option. Anyway, it is a nice resort as such, but next time I'll stay closer to San Pedro, unless they get a bridge in, a trail paved and golf carts can be used.

Dizi-B

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.