Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#111300 11/15/05 07:45 AM
good thing we are not married and that I was not "yelling" at you. wink lol.

#111301 11/15/05 08:39 AM
Ke is right about Amigos Del Mar. I first dove with the owner way back in 89, before he opened Amigos.
I have brought many groups down to dive with Amigos & sent many other divers down to dive with them. I have been down by myself several times and have gotten to know all the staff.
Going solo is no problem, just stay close to the guide because they will see most of the good stuff before you will,I try to stay 15-20 FT. behind the guide.
Turneffe is the largest of Belize's three atolls and I have dived there a couple times. My favorite is Lighthouse, Lunch at Half Moon Caye & the 2 dives there are awesome, I snorkle around the Blue Hole to have more bottom time at Half Moon.
Ke you forgot to mention my good friends Sabas & Mikey, next time you see them tell them Jerry will be down the end of Jan.
As always, dive often & dive safely.

#111302 11/15/05 11:32 AM
ohhhhhhhhhh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! SABAS IS LIKE A RELATIVE TO ME, how could I forget to put his name there! I talk to him and joke with him every day. And Mikey...of course! OHHHHHHHH and FITO, I just dove with him today, how could I not mention Fito! I musta been tired when posting!]

#111303 11/15/05 04:09 PM
H
H
What a great offer from Ke - I have frequently ended up being a solo diver at ADM and it's never been a problem - i learned down there with ADM and been back down a few times - always ended up with a very nice buddy or one of the excellent DM's (there a real group of charecters - esp Sabas!!) - have a great time down there! Ke are you still loving it down there? I am really jealous that you made the move!!
Hilary

#111304 11/16/05 01:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Thought this was about diving without your normal buddy..... All dives here and in most warm water resorts around the world are run as group dives, and that'll be true whichever operation you go with. Buddying with someone in the group is often a good idea and in some other locations (not here) mandatory, though you don't need to be joined at the hip. It's best if you have similar diving styles and air consumption, of course. But with Amigos or elsewhere you won't NEED a buddy, and depending how experienced you are you may be more comfortable without than with someone unsuitable.

#111305 11/16/05 01:11 PM
I got home last night from AC. Had some AMAZING dives with Amigos Del Mar. They will look out for you - and besides, diving is such a friendly sport. You're bound to meet others on the boat. You won't feel 'single' at all.

The Turneffe dive is a great trip. The coral was in much better condition then close to San Pedro. You don't see a lot of the larger life like at Ambergris, but you see some pretty amazing creatures if you take your time and look around. Plus, I just LOVE wall dives.

Have a great time Suzanne!!!! I sure did, and I'm already looking forward to my trip to AC next November.

#111306 11/16/05 05:12 PM
Suzanne
You can't go wrong with Amigos, we own a condo in San Pedro and always dive with Amigos when we come down, we are coming to san Pedro on Saturday for 9 days (this will be our 5th trip with them) Never had a problem with them. Rene and Tony are great and, as Hilary mentioned Sabas is a real character. They are all good people there. We are coming back to New York on Nov 27th so we hope to see you on the boat on 26th.

Turneffe is a great trip, full day. early start about 5am and you get back about 4pm. 3 great dives. If you like wall diving you will love Turneffe.

Colin

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
#111307 11/16/05 10:02 PM
Hil71, yes, still down and loving it here, everything,

Pedro2 is correct, you can dive with nearly any dive shop without a buddy as you can anywhere. You never need an even amount of people as if you really wanted a buddy near you, go near the dive master! All shops in SP have been known to be excellent.

I have dove with others and they are fine, I just strongly agree with Scubasue, swanno, Jdog, and seashell as well as many others in former posts about ADM.

#111308 11/17/05 07:32 PM
//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/map2.html

Here is a map showing the relative location of Turneffe Area and San Pedro.
Belize it!

#111309 11/17/05 08:46 PM
FYI, never had any interest in fishing...until today. I was probably one of the biggest pains to deal with since it was my first time since I was a kid. It was a BLAST! TINO at Amigo's did everything for all of us, all we had to do it sit there and we got bits within 2 minutes every time he threw the line out for us.

I EVEN hooked him at least 3 times, nearly hurt him on accident, and made him loose his hat in the water. VERY patient and kind to us.

After fishing he cleaned and filleted all of our snapper for us, so all we had to do is take it to the Reef restraunt where they let you choose from 10 different ways to prepare it. (I recommend the coconut sauce, blackened, and tropical, yum!)

It was the best price from everything we compared and excellent service. We had our own private boat. TINO was excellent and if he is not available I am told Ricardo is excellent as well.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.