Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Moon Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I just wondered what the local Belikin beer is like as we'll be on A/C 3 weeks today - yahoo!!

We're looking at getting some provisions in before we arrive and wondered whether Belikin is like a lager or Budweiser before putting in an order. We've had Piton in St. Lucia, Carib in some other islands, Red Stripe in Barbados and are hoping that Belikin is more like a lager than a stout - Guiness does not sound very appealing on a hot day!!

Also need to know if beer is in bottles or cans, 'cos we don't do cans!!

Also in looking thro' the Lagniappe Order form they have bottled water and then San Pellegrino water and we wondered where the bottled drinking water came from - is it imported from somewhere to A/C or is it filtered A/C tap water? And where does the tap water come from in A/C, is it from rain caught on rooftops like some other islands, or is it well water? Just curious!

Thanks! The countdown has BEGUN.......21 days to day and we'll be sunning ourselves and UNWINDING!!! Can't wait!

Cheers!
Moon

Cheers!
Moon
S
S
Belikin is much stronger than Bud, more like a good Canadian beer, more Labatt's than Molson. Regular Belikin is the preferred beer and goes down VERY well on a hot day. Beer comes in bottles.

The bottled water is filtered water run through a reverse osmosis system and the tap water is from the water treatment plant and is fairly highly chlorinated.

D
D
I agree with Kay & Scott Premium is the best and bigger bottles....everyone will tell you otherwise

M
Moon Offline OP
OP Offline
M
How does Belikin compare to Heineken? Not that familiar w/Molson or Labatts. Liked Carib, Piton and Heineken - does anyone know if any of those are similar to Belikin?

Cheers!
Moon
S
S
Truthfully, when you crack open your first frosty Belikin and take a look out over the Caribbean you'll be hard pressed to find a better beer to suit the moment. It's not worth making comparisions to other beers as drinking it here has as much to do with the taste as the taste itself.

On that note, I think mine are just about cold enough to open now. See ya!

Litehouse is the "lite" version of the local beer.
you get a little less, 10 oz i think but good if you're a lite drinker. The local "One Barrel" rum is very good with diet coke, a must try even if you're not a rum drinker! :p

Your first opportunity for a Belikin may be at the airport in Jet's Bar while waiting for the puddle jumper to AC. Dont forget to get Jet to autograph your coaster. He puts together a good hotdog too. Get it with everthing on it.
[img]http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/5226959/1246078[/img]
I must admit that I am a fan of Stout. Fortunately Beliken makes a GREAT Stout. Much much better than Guiness.

Belikin is more just a little bit heavier than Carib. I would say it's more like Red Strip. If it's cold, you will love it. If it's just cool, it has a bitter bite. In any case, your choices are very limited on the island, so you will "learn to like it". The Lighthouse is more like Carib. They are all tasty.....don't worry, just enjoy. Have a great time.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
C
C
When in Rome do as the Romans, in other words throw caution to the wind and ordrr a case of beliken!

D
D
Premium is close to a heineken but smoother, not as much bite.....I really cant tell the difference between regular beliken and premier but premier is in a bigger bottle....save some for me, I will be down in Jan....dont order 1 case, order 2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 195 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.