Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#111486 11/19/05 07:44 PM
X
Xoe Offline OP
OP Offline
X
I am full of questions in anticipation of our upcoming January trip to Ambergris Caye!

Exactly how do you order a supply of groceries, including water, to be waiting when you arrive? I've seen reference to this but don't know the particulars.

Fellow snorkel addicts: I hope to kayak out to the reef for snorkeling on my own, as well as go on snorkel trips (3 probably, one a day: Hol Chan, Shark Ray Alley, and Mexico Rocks). Is it realistic to kayak out for independent reef snorkeling? Also, do you have favorite guides and/or places to go?

I'll appreciate your input GREATLY -- and will probably have more questions as the days pass and the trip grows nearer. Thanks.

Hon Offline
For groceries contact Simon at http://www.lagniappe-belize.com

Last January we paddled out to the reef several times for snorkeling...very realistic expectation and you'll love it!

We went to Mexico Rocks with Grumpy and Happy and were very pleased.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
S
S
"Exactly how do you order a supply of groceries, including water, to be waiting when you arrive? I've seen reference to this but don't know the particulars."

Everything you need to know can be found at www.lagniappe-belize.com

"Is it realistic to kayak out for independent reef snorkeling?"

Many do, a number of properties have kayaks for their guests and Sailsports www.sailsportsbelize.com rent them if you're property doesn't.

S
S
Beat me by 2 minutes!

Hon Offline
neener, neener :p

S
S
Only because I was busy getting ready for a night on the town in San Pedro. neener, neener :p

S
spl Offline
S
Snorkeling with Manuel or Andy at Amigo's Del Mar at Hol Chan, Shark Ray Alley, and Mexico Rocks is awesome. On the boat ride out they both are awesome at pointing out dolphins, turtles, and plenty of others. They grab the rays and nurse sharks and let you touch/hold them if you want! Great guys.

Kyacking to the reef is fun, but you probably won't want to snorkel on your own there.

Hon Offline
That's just nasty, Simon! Got a real mean streak, doncha? wink

My husband and I just got back from AC, and we did a fantastic all-day snorkel trip with Captain Morgan's. We had lunch on Caye Caulker, and stopped at 4 sites to snorkel. Great day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.