Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#111581 11/21/05 09:59 AM
X
Xoe Offline OP
OP Offline
X
First trip to Belize begins just two months from today; getting excited! We're reserved at Belizean Shores. We missed getting one of their upper level seafront units (we need upper level for extra sleeping place in the loft).

Does anyone who's stayed there have a recommendation for unit location within the resort? We like quiet with as natural as possible a view from the balcony: views of sea and palm trees are best! Probably overlooking the pool would be noisy -- right?

I've found message boards invaluable for this kind of information. Room location can make a big difference to us, and we'll appreciate any input! And if you think at this resort all units are good choices -- that the differences are insignificant -- that will be good to know, too. Thanks.

Stayed at B.S. in late September -- loved it. B.S. only had 30% occupancy while we were there, so it may not be a good comparison. We had a beach-level pool front suite to save $. No noise. We inquired about an upgrade and didn't get a response to our email. Glad we didn't because we were perfectly happy with our suite and the difference in $ allowed for more fun in town. The noise around the pool is cut down because the bar is only open to 6 or 7 -- everyone goes in town to party. We did have great neighbors that hosted a party one night and we spent time outdoors, but it wasn't bad noise at all -- the place just ain't that big. PM me if you have specific ?s I can help with.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
S
S
Xoe We were there in May of 05......and paid the big bucks for the upper-level sea-front unit. In my opinion, if we were to go back, we'd take anywhere. The layout is such, that every "4-plex" has its advantages and disadvantages. You'll enjoy not having to go up and down the stairs every time you make a run to your room from the pool. The guys underneath us actually had a better view of the ocean......they had palm tree-trunks........we had all the foliage!! There was never any noise at all (aside from us) and the pool bar shuts down about the time you're getting cleaned up for the night out anyway. Only noise we encountered was in the morning we had "wake-up bird" come and "knock" (with his beak) on all our windows in the morning. Not sure if he was looking for food, or what. (cute, tho)

Whichever you decide....you will have a wonderful time.

We've stayed there several times. Most recently June of '04 and Febuary '05. June was 100% full and Febuary was 90%. The pool noise is a non-issue. There just really isn't any. The pool bar closes around dark so that isn't an issue either. The pool is very specifically for "Guests and Owners".

I have been involved, one way or another, with the resort since the first foundations were dug, and I agree with Skooter, there's not a bad place on the property. In June we had 10 condos for family members of a wedding party, they were spread all over the property, front, back, up and down. No complaints.

Latest addition is tennis courts at the back of the resort, but somehow tennis at 80-85 degrees in the Caribbean sun just doesn't sound all that appealing. A breeze off the reef and a cold Belikin on the veranda would be a far better choice.

X
Xoe Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Thanks everyone. We'll just relax knowing that "our" unit will be perfect, whichever one it is.

Seven weeks from this very minute we'll be heading to the airport, then IN THE AIR, GETTING THERE!

If you're looking for peace and quiet, why are you looking at a big resort and not at an individual house that you can rent today, and could give you the control that you need? Is very nice to have your own place in paradise!! If you can afford it!!If you want my advise, I loved Capt'n Morgans, Capricorn and Belizean Shores for a late drink on the 3rd floor!!But we were the 40-50 year olds that made all the noise up there in the bar!!ya gotta deal withit!!

X
Xoe Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Answer, lacysbeach, is $$. My sister and I are making this trip together (we have husbands who dislike airplanes), so we're watching our expenses. I'm sure we'll love everything about Ambergris Caye, including our condo at Belizean Shores -- still, it never hurts to find out any & all info, including past visitors' favorite units there, if any.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.