Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
I am the physical therapist with CARE Belize in San Pedro volunteering with the children. Nurse Kelly at the Polyclinic is doing a toy drive for Christmas. The toys will go to the children and their siblings that come to the developmental clinic. Toy ideas include: rattles, crayons, coloring books, jump ropes, deflated balls, blocks, hard baby books or any other great idea that you have. If you bring anything just drop it at the Polyclinic which is the pink building beside the airstrip or e-mail me if you need someone to pick them up. Thanks so much.

"Just another Day in Paradise"
D
D
Hi scubawalk,

Well, it looks like both of us have this idea for the kids in our community.

I too have post the topic of "CHRISTMAS TOY"

I work in the community of Dangriga and is trying to help the less fortunate kids.

I am sure that with the help of the kind people who frequent this board, we will achieve our goal.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Djean,

I hope people coming down to Belize in the next month will put a small toy or two in their suitcase for the children in Belize.

D
D
yes scubawalk, I am hoping so too.

It doesn't have to be anything expensive, a little present from the "Dollar Shop" will do.

S
S
If you can get Nurse Kelly to contact me with the details I will post their information on the Donate Belize website ( donatebelize.lagniappe-belize.com ) and promote it for them.

As a quick tip to those that plan to donate toys keep in mind that many kids live in small homes with lots of siblings. Having something that is truly their own (not shared family property) is so meaningful. So I would highly recommend teddy bears, dolls etc. Also, batteries can be too costly for the kids to replace so the less "gadget" orientated the better too.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the input Amanda, we need lots of simple toys to make every child's Christmas special. Simon, I will get the information for you.

M
M
To both Kath and Debbie,

Since writing to you both earlier, I think I've come up with a solution where I'll be able to get clothes and toys to both of you after all. I think you both have my email address, so if you can give me directions that would be great.

Debbie: I'll be arriving around at BZE 3:30 this Friday and am booked on Tropic Air @ 4:40pm - will this give me enough time to get to Mayan Air to drop something off?

Kath: Can I get the stuff to you once we've got settled on the island? I think you're near the SP airport, but it will have been a long day's travel, so hope I can get the rest of the stuff to you sometime during the week we're there.

Look forward to being in Belize in just a few more days!

Moon

Cheers!
Moon
D
D
Moon, I sent you an e-mail.

M
M
Thanks DJean,

I plan on leaving something for you when we get there Friday. Will sort thro' the clothes and maybe send the larger sizes to you, per your request.

All the best,
Moon

Cheers!
Moon
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.