Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Okay, now that I've shared the cute story with all of you, I have a question.

We booked our Mexican vacation for May - 8 days splitting it up. Have to find someone to take care of our two cats. Therefore we want to stay 5 days on Ambergris Caye (deposit being held) for Dec. 2006 then a few days on the Bay Islands. What is the most economical way to get there. We'll be either cashing in more air mileage or else any other suggestions departing SFO or Oakland. We'll still like a day in Flores however that's optional. I know Tikal is a good way to get to Flores - a water taxi to Punta Gorta but then what? I've ordered books today. Any suggestion, ideas, please advise.

Fish never hold their breath - Cheers to the Fish!
You can fly from Belize City to San Pedro Sula, Honduras and take the puddle jumpers they have there to Roatan. Very easy. I did it 2 winters ago.

What do you mean your 'mexican vacation??'

and did you mean the most economical way to get between belize and honduras since you said you already have the trip booked I assume you already have a ticket to Belize.

OP Offline
We were going for three weeks then the hurricane whipped through with cancellations. With rethinking, we're taking 8 days of what we planned in the Playa del Carmen area in May then the next two weeks in Dec. for Ambergris Caye and Honduras. I know we can fly Tikal to Flores then a water taxi to somewere in Honduras - but what is the quickest yet less expensive way to get to Bay Islands? We have to cash in more mileage for this since it will be a separate trip. Shall we fly from Oakland to Honduras or Oakland to Belize? What would be the best way or else Flores?

It does not matter if you fly oakland to Honduras or Oakland to Belize, it ends up the same and the price is close and just varies depending on time of year and where you are leaving from. either way you will have to do the same thing to get from BZ-Honduras or Vice Versa. If you are going to Roatan on the Bay Island supposively they have direct flights 1 or 2 days a week from Roatan-Belize City. I went Roatan to San Pedro Sula, San pedro Sula to Belize City.

OP Offline
Thanks for the info - I'll copy and paste for my file. So if we spent a night in Flores, we would be dependent on Tikel airlines - correct? Hubby will be 65 by then, therefore his 65 discount helps. We really don't want to do a bus except if we come back to Belize then we'd like to see the countryside from Honduras up to Belize.

OP Offline
Is the weather in Dec. mostly rainy or do we have some nice days for diving/snorkeling? Since we're taking the Mexican vacation early, would booking in Nov. be better (rain wise)?

OP Offline
Also I forgot to mention that after we came back from the Las Vegas bicycle sow end of Sept., we went up to our friends who are winemakers in Sonoma. Two of their friends at the 70th b-day party had spend many vacation on Ambergris Caye having wonderful times. I knew I had found a perfect place for a vacation - after all, you people are awesome.

no, it is not rainy at all in Dec. You are better off Dec than Nov. I am not understanding when you ask about Tikal Airlines what you mean...to where? I know Tropic (Belize airlines) flies from the airport 10 min from Flores to Belize but are you going from Flores to BZ or Honduras. I is very confusing where you are going from where. Please map out your route.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.