Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#112378 12/10/05 09:31 AM
rykat.. you are my man just a super fishing report.. , please e mail me at the personal e mail about??? [email protected] or call 1800 231 7447 .ask for the capt.. very intrested ?????? about the stuff you will not share on board ..would like to chat off board thanks buddy.. ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#112379 12/10/05 12:20 PM
S
S
Was down with husband, step children, & step-children spouses at the same time and we stayed at the Palms...must have crossed paths with you at one time or another Rykat. Sorry to hear about El Patio, we had an awesome dinner there despite our table being more than somewhat tilted due to uneven footing. Also had a great meal at the Stained Glass Pub. Was really surprised at the supermarket prices...do not remember Nancy's being so ridiculously overpriced. Cheaper to eat out than using the kitchen.

#112380 12/10/05 03:32 PM
suzanne / It is true - grocery prices are unbelievable! I asked around and tried different stores. Prices are 4 to 5 times higher than in California on everything! We had breakfast in our condo cause I am not a morning person and like to sit around in my nightie and have a couple cups of coffee. (Coffee was good but the cheapest I could find was $10.00 a lb.) A bag of Doritos for my son was $7.50US. I watched the locals and bought Tang and mixed up big patches because juices and sodas were so expensive. I'm not a cheapy - but when you go to AC don't plan on saving money by eating in. Restaurant prices are up there too. It was common to drop $125.00 for dinner & tip (2 kids, 2 adults) no booze, basic meals. It was a reality that I wasn't quite prepared for. I guess that is the price you pay staying on an island that everything has to be barged over from mainland. Bring lots of money!

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
#112381 12/10/05 03:39 PM
Our best meal was the one I prepared with the fresh caught yellow tail snapper and some other fish called "Jack" my son and husband caught the day before we left. The best fish we have ever tasted! Nothing like fish prepared just after it comes out of the water! I was going to say that was our cheapest meal - but I almost forgot it cost $150.00 for the boat and gear (half day). So there you go - over $100.00 for dinner.

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
#112382 12/10/05 08:23 PM
KC Offline
Well, it's not *supposed* to be rainy in February. Over the past 4 years I've been there every month of the year, and February is the only time that it has rained solid for 3 days, and I mean RAIN. So, it's like everywhere else; can't *promise* clear skies any time of year. (But I believe what is "usual" for February is some pretty strong breezes).

When I left San Pedro yesterday (9th) it was pouring down rain, but I was sitting at BCs having my going-away burrito in a tank top and I was hot. About 9 hours later I landed in Portland, Oregon and it was clear and dry and 27 degrees. I don't complain much about the rain in San Pedro. laugh laugh laugh

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.