Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Here's a copy of the press release that will be in this Thursday's San Pedro Sun - but for anyone that may possibly be here I wanted to give you an advance - we can use all the help we can get. We are trying to make this educational as well - 'instead of cleaning up - let's keep it clean.'

PRESS RELEASE
WIN - WIN on North End
Clean Road - Cash Prizes

This Saturday, December 17th, the North Ambergris Caye Neighborhood Watch Association (NACNW) is sponsoring a special event. All the children of the San Mateo Subdivision are invited to participate in a friendly competition and win cash.

Starting at 9:00 AM everyone is to meet on the beach in front of Coco Locos Bar where a staging area will be designated. Teams will be formed to do a road and beach clean up from the north end of the pull ferry to the Palapa Bar.

Each child will be given latex gloves to protect their hands from the dirty litter they will be collecting. Each team will be given marked trash bags and instructions for collecting. Supervising adults will have cardboard boxes where sharp items can be safely stored.

At 11:00 everyone is to meet again at the beach and winners will be determined, hot dogs and cold drinks served cash prizes awarded and pictures taken for the newspaper.
The plan is to have the trip north to the Jazz Festival as pretty as possible.

"We need all the help we can get," said Harriette Fisher who is organizing this with the help of Pat Stiley and other NACNW members. "We want the kids who live here to take pride in their community and we need parents to help supervise. Those with golf carts will collect and haul the full bags."

For more information or to volunteer call 226-3687.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
I'll be in Miami, let me know if you need any prizes that I can help with.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
OP Offline
Since it so close to Christmas and we are working on short notice I decided there is nothing like cash. All contributions are welcome. Checks should be made out to NACNW - so you will know your money is accounted for.
cool

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
ScubaLdy, I think this is wonderful. I so hope it works out well. It is a win-win situation for all. I sure do wish I was there to join in, but won't be there till February. Thank you for organizing this and making it come true. Have a wonderful holiday, and see you in Feb.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
What a great thing for the island! The kids will be so proud of themselves and the adults should be proud of the good example they are setting. If I were there I'd be packn' trash with the rest of you. Great service. It will make a huge difference to get rid of some of that junk.

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
Scubaldy, thanks for posting this, I would LOVE to volunteer. This Sat is one of the only days ever that I can't!! Have several things going on...please, please post or contact me whenever there is help needed. I really want to contribute and help wherever I can.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.