Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I promised a SP resident I would mail him some fine fishing lures. While they really aren't very expensive here in US (like $4-7 each) and I'm only sending a few, they simply can't be bought on AC.

I welcome suggestions on valuing the lures for purposes of customs and any tips on how I can make this a painless gift to my friend!

We usually just put the cash register reciept under clear tape on the outside of the box for customs to see. They really appreciate when you try not to bypass the rules and have been very fair with the amounts charged.

OP Offline
Uh these are lures from my persoanl tackle box, bought ages ago, no cash register receipt!

I understand recipient pays the duty on the goods- should I simply enclose some cash to help with this so that recipient doesn't, in essence, end up paying for what is intended to be a gift?

That would be the easiest way, but it would greatly help if you enclosed some type of verifiction of what they would cost. If they have no proof of cost, they set it themselves. Maybe you could go to a local fishing goods store and have them make up a reciept for you.

caribtraveler, go to profile and click on the "private message" box so that you can get PM's.

TQ

I would put a very small amount of money. I shipped some items down last year. YOu will be VERY shocked and what it costs. The items I send were school supplies. So, yes they were heavy. But two boxes cost $100 US to ship down. Then another $40US to pick up at the post office in SP.

OP Offline
travelqueen, I did as U suggested...

luvphins, indeed I absolutely would not be shocked at Custom's charges based on declared values, any more than I am shocked by what is not avail. on Caribbean islands nor by what it costs to ship items to such locales. Which is why I'm A) shipping relatively inexpensive U.S.-avail but impossible-to-find-on-AC lures to someone who will use them to fortify his AC-based tourist biz and B)seeking advice from helpful folks on this Board, which I used for months in planning a wonderful visit to AC last year. Thus, I do appreciate useful advice, as always!

Caribtraveler, if you want to send them to me, I will be going down on 2/7 and would be happy to include them in my luggage, and deliver them to the expecting party. Just let me know who, and how to get in touch with them. I will be there for a month, so I'm sure will find them...let me know if I can help.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
C
C
Caribtraveler, send me a pm and I will tell you how I sent fishing lures, cell phones etc., by mail without a great deal of hassle.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.