Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Most locals prefer Pauly's Pizza.

S
S
Well, since the unofficial spokesperson has spoken for Pauly's, let me re-allign you darling, comparing is something consumers do, have done and will do - especially on this board.

I hope you got that and will re-focus your efforts where they profit you the most.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Kristykins,
Probably serveral reasons, but one of the largest reasons is with animal products (meat and cheese), you are what you eat, or at least you taste like what you eat.
Cows in the US and other places eat grazing, silage, grains, and other feedstuffs. The grazing in the US tends to be very lush and green (relatively). As such the meat and cheese takes on a particular flavor.
The local dairy and meat here is from cows with a different feed type than that of the US. The grass tends to be more fibrous, the grain mixtures different than the US as well.

Add this to the minor changes in processing, handling, etc. and the local meat and dairy will be flovored differently than what the US and Canada is used to.

~ MJ

~ MJ
"Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket??"
W
W
Pepperoni's is south of town, across the street from Exotic Caye Resort (home of Crazy Canuck's and Monkey Bites). We just had a pizza a couple nights ago so they're definitely open. Their oven was out, but that was a while ago. We like the pizza, and they are generous with toppings. Haven't had Pauly's.

I've had pizza from both and Pepperoni's has my vote.

Oh, and by the way, I AM a local.

C
C
The friends that I have that live there are the ones that order from Pepperoni's.........they must be in the "minority of locals" on the island!

I think you have mistaken me. I do not work there but have been there several times.

Originally posted by Wittsend:
Kristykins,
Probably serveral reasons, but one of the largest reasons is with animal products (meat and cheese), you are what you eat, or at least you taste like what you eat.
Cows in the US and other places eat grazing, silage, grains, and other feedstuffs. The grazing in the US tends to be very lush and green (relatively). As such the meat and cheese takes on a particular flavor.
The local dairy and meat here is from cows with a different feed type than that of the US. The grass tends to be more fibrous, the grain mixtures different than the US as well.

Add this to the minor changes in processing, handling, etc. and the local meat and dairy will be flovored differently than what the US and Canada is used to.

~ MJ
Hmmm interesting stuff. Never thought of it like that. Thanks !! smile

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere"
"MY VERY GOOD FRIEND , WHO SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS"
PEDRO1, Why don't you let your very good friend speak for himself? After all the "MAJORITY" of people here would most likley NOT want YOU to speak for them. :p That said and Speaking for myself, I had pizza there about 1 1/2 weeks ago and it was OK.(sorry i'm used to the pizza in new jersey and new york) humm so is someone else on this board that happens to be in san pedro right now. Anyway I have never found pepperonis open when I was there so no comment on them. :rolleyes:

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I've had pizza from Pauly's and it was OK. I've had pizza from Pepperoni's and it was (always) excellent. No comparison.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 328 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.