Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
We are planning on sending our last 3 days in Belize City at the Raddison. I am not hearing very nice things. Some are saying its scary and dangerous.....what do you know?

there is not much to do in BZ city, is there a particular reason you are spending 3 days there? Do you know someone there?

You might consider San Ignacio, there are wonderful tours from there and beautiful places to visit. You're close enough to Guatemala that you could go to Tikal (ruins) one afternoon. close to a little town called Benque too you could drive through, 30 min from SI.

If you stay in the city, the Raddison is nice, centrally located and safe. Across the street is a lovely restaurant, the Smoky Mermaid.

You can do day tours that take you out of the city to the zoo, Altun Ha, Old Belize at Cucumber Bay and the list goes on.

Personally I wouldn't want to base myself in the city, but if its already booked etc. make the most of it.

The wonderful thing about Belize is its indigenous people - enjoy.

As with anywhere be street smart and you will have fun without any trouble.

S
S
My husband and I stayed across from the Raddison the first night we were in Belize. We partied at the Raddison but we wouldn't want to spend 3 days there. We changed our plans and spent an extra night on AC rather than spen the last night in BC. I would definately consider staying in San Ignacio before locking yourself into 3 days in BC. There is a ton of things to do in and around SI and we never felt threatened or uncomfortable walking around day or night.

E
E
Ditto on the Smokey Mermaid, ummmmm!

Jeb Offline
food is very good.
area neighborhood good.
close to water.

S
S
agree with Kra-Z and Suzy.

yes, K and Suzy said it well. K has great advice about being close to Tikal, which is worth the day. I haven't spent much time in San Ignacio so I appreciate the advice K and Susy, will spend 3 days there next time. K, where is Benque?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.