Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jilco Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm thinking about coming to Ambergris in Feb/March. Do you recommend a particular dive company to go with for a trip to the blue hole?

I've been to Ambergris before, but did not do that dive and look forward to it. I appriciate your recommendation.

Spotting any whale shark or mantas? I hear early spring is a good time of year...thank you!!

Hi Marty! Do you have a referral?
single choice
? (100%, 1 Votes)
? (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Votes: 1
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago

~jill~
Amigos del Mar.

Most every dive company books their Blue Hole divers with Amigos anyway, on their Pro48, the Miss Mel.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Another reply from someone who has not been here for years-there are four companies that go to the blue hole but hell how would "seashell" know she has not visited AC in years

jilco, we went with Amigos.

We found it to be terrific. We did check out two other companies that go, but they went on regular dive boats. We were happy for the comfort of the two story boat, mostly covered with option to be in the sun on part of the first floor and on the second story. They served breakfast, lunch, and snacks all day long. Fresh fruit and the goodies too. Great service. We were very impressed with the guides. They not only were very good divemasters, but made the entire day fun. We sure laughed a lot.

S
S
Personally, I would say Amigos Del Mar. Many of the other dive Co's (though certainly not all) refer their Blue Hole trips to Amigos, as their Pro 48 (the Miss Mel) is one of the better rides out there. Wait, was that just said...???

Seriously though, you will not go wrong w/ Amigos... great staff.

smile

Who do you go with Pedro?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

F
F
We were very impressed with Amigos as I mentioned in my trip report. I have been diving for years and think Amigos and one in Turks are the best two shops I have ever been diving with.
We did not have time this trip last week to do the Blue Hole but checked out their boat- and man! It has got to be the sweetest ride as SFJeff mentions.

jilco Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks you guys, amigos it will be

~jill~
Funstuff, We also used Amigos and have no complaints about their operation or staff. We will most likely use them again. Only complaint was that we had a different DM and assistant every day. Wasnt really a bad thing. It just meant that we had to tip every day rather than at the end of the week. Out of 5 DMs I think there was only 1 that wasnt really great. And that wasnt all his fault. We were put with a family of idiots. 2 of them ran out of air. He was so busy helping them back to the boat that the 2 of us got seperated from them and had to float on the surface for the boat to get them onboard before they could come get us. And it took a while. I hate that. That was the first dive on our last day. We decided not to do a second dive with them that day.
Regarding your Turks dive operator... was it Caicos Adventures with Fifi? Thats who we used when we were there a couple years ago. Thought he did a great job.

You mentioned you might us Amigos again. As far as having a different DM and assistant every day, you are able to have the same ones so long as in the beginning of your booking you request to have the same ones all week. They actually prefer this too. I know most of them keep the same divers for the week/trip.

What a drag, that family you were with!! Crazy! For them to not tell the DMs when they are low on air. How can people dive and not monitor their air, lol! wow, too bad you can't LOOSE your scuba cert. just joking, lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 200 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.