Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#116034 01/31/06 09:46 AM
boy oh boy - did this thread go far afield!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#116035 01/31/06 09:56 AM
obtuse, is that your little boy on the computer again? :rolleyes:

Will you and fly-boy pleeeeeeeeeeeez take off and go join the HelloKitty board? Pleeeeeeeeez!

You find making rude comments to two of our best boarders amusing. We find you amusing... but not really!!!

#116036 01/31/06 10:26 AM
Shame on you travelqueen. Sending those two off to be with such a sweet lady as Kitty. You won't get your stickers.

#116037 01/31/06 10:27 AM
Uh huh! I'll have my daughter give me some! laugh

#116038 01/31/06 10:53 AM
Originally posted by pedro2:
After what I have just heard I feel I need to make a statement.

I am the owner of Protech, and am currently on a brief visit to the UK - I'll be back in SP in just over a week.

I have just been told by an hotelier, the fourth to date, that Steve Lee has told him that Protech is closing down. No doubt he also said that he has taken on the staff of Protech and so anyone who used to dive with Protech should now dive with his new dive center, Ecologic Divers. They are the subject of another thread on this board, "Need Help - Docking Rights", where he is riding roughshod over the legal rights of another highly regarded dive operator.

Let me say once and for all that Protech is not closing down. Very far from it, in fact. Nor am I in any way severing my direct control of it.

It's interesting that Steve has waited until I'm off the island before spreading his vile rumours. As recently as Christmas Steve was diving with Protech and saying how good everything was and generally seeming to be a nice guy. At the same time, I now know, he was poaching two instructors from Protech, and they left Protech since I left Belize a couple of weeks ago without saying a word to me.

I suspected before and now I know that Steve is deliberately spreading what he knows to be lies about me, because he thinks that by destroying Protech his business will take off and he will magically acquire the reputation Protech has built up by damned hard work. He is directly trying to persuade hoteliers to transfer all their Protech business to him, using total and direct lies to achieve this. He is a rich bully who thinks that money can buy him respectability.

Read also what he is doing to Everett Anderson, who certainly does not deserve such treatment. San Pedro is a small community, and indeed the diving community isn't vast either. I hope and believe that word about Steve Lee and his doings will spread rapidly, and he will find that people aren't as gullible as he seems to think.
Peter, hang in there. You have many Protech supporters out there, including me. mo

#116039 01/31/06 12:21 PM
This is serious thread that did get off track and I was one of the ones responsible.

When in san pedro and the subject comes up of "who should I dive with" Protech is always one of the names that comes up. Thats not something that just happens overnight. Protech has a good name!!!

If someone is spreading lies or conducting themselves dishonestly it will come back to them.

Every dog will have their day!!!!

#116040 01/31/06 11:51 PM
E
E
First of all i am new to your form, I was just introduced to it receintly.
I will be brief,
Peter Jones is spreding some nasty thing about me which i would like to clear up.
1) his employees tried to talk to him before he left Belize to no avail. they have been in the process of leaving for some time.
2)True, we are starting a dive center, and yes we have purchased a dock. WE have given Everett
Anderson two months to find a new home and have offered him a place to keep his boats if he does not find an other dock.
3) we have gone to 1 resort and only ONE resort to ask if they would be willing to send divers to us.
4) Peter says that we are not PADI approved, this is not true.
5) at no time have i ever said that Protech is going out of business. on the contrary, the dive shop is running better since peter has left the country and appointed Brian as the manager. they have remodeled and organized the facility.
Protech IS a good dive shop,

This is a small island and i feel Peter is bitter. I am sorry he feels that i have shafted him. maybe he will learn not to talk about people behind their back. this goes for me and his former employees.
the dive community in belize does not need this type of negitive discussions.WE would like to get along with everone.
(Peter if you want to bitch contact me directly)
steve

#116041 02/01/06 06:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Doesn't correspond with what I've been told. But then, I'm not on the island.

Of course I've known that the staff concerned were thinking of starting up on their own at some point - they discussed it with me last summer and I gave them my blessing. Waiting until I'm away and then leaving goes rather beyond that. A good opportunity to tell me might have been at the staff meeting I held on 31st December when I gave each of them a US$ bonus. And before Steve left us the day before he might have mentioned that he had offered jobs to several of my staff, some of whom accepted, some didn't. But I guess that isn't his style.

It seems from another thread that not everyone thinks that Everett is being treated fairly.

I didn't say that the new dive center isn't PADI approved. I said that if you look at the list of approved centers on the PADI website you won't find it listed. That appears still to be the case this morning.

Brion is indeed a good manager and needs to be, as he has had problems dumped on him that neither of us envisaged.

I agree that we should all try to get on. San Pedro needs another dive center like a hole in the head, but I wish the new venture well. I just don't like the sneaky way it has been created.

No, I'm not bitter, just annoyed. But that will pass.

#116042 02/01/06 07:03 AM
E
E
Peter, please quit twistng the facts, your employees were leaving you, the two instructors who you are refering to tried to talk to you before you left the island, unfortunatly you did not have time to meet them. At no time was anyone poached or even offered a job. i am helping fiance there operation. don't make me out as the ogar as i have seen how you treat your people and we do not want to go there.
Please stop blaming others.
as for the other thread, i belive that scubalady was voicing her concern about her friend. She was worried that her friend was asked to leave early. this is not true. the building and dock are being updated and painted. That is all. Everett can stay to the 25th of Feb. if he chooses.
PETER change the subject and move on

#116043 02/02/06 08:35 AM
Amen to that, the truth shall set us free.. the above posts by the you know who ,are just so wild and off the subject I choose will not respond to his craziness .but I am wishing peter ,and steve , lots of living the dream days in peace..and to both,my good wishes..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.