Next Thread
Print Thread
#116056 01/24/06 02:13 PM
D
Dizzim Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi All,
My girlfriend and I will be visiting Feb 23 - march 1. Cant wait...just found out that we'll be there during carnival! Perfect!

We're staying at the Belizean Shores - i know its a few miles from San Pedro but hopefully its not too inconvienent.

I was hoping someone could help me out with some suggestions/feedback on the activities i'm interested in.

Here's what sounds good to me:
1.Mayan Ruins - Is this really practical? Are they too far from AC? Which one?
2.Snorkeling - I hear Holchan is a good spot. Distance?
3.Zip line tour - i dont remember where this was.
4.Would really like to see the Jungle, Hopefully i'll see some of it in one of the above tours.
5. Cave tubing - heard mixed reviews - would you recommend it?

Any other suggestions are welcome. We want to do some relaxing also so I'm hoping that these arent all full day trips. I wish I could find a map with all these places marked and there distance from San Pedro.

BTW - How is carnival in San Pedro?
Thanks
Dan

Diz,

You guys will love B. Shores! Just keep in mind that you will be about 10 min. by boat or water taxi from down town. About 30 min by golf cart, add time for stop at Palapa bar or nighttime driving.

Carnival was cool, the kids go around and paint EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY.

We were there about the same length of time and just enjoyed the Caye, fishing and snorkeling.

I think I'd do the cave tubing next time...but am so glad we took the approach we did.

My reports are obviosly date (sorry Pedro1), but start here... //ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/008306/p/1.html

Use this board wisely, use it's search functions, and you'll have the time of your lives.

PS let me know if Graham "primo" is still at B. Shores...

KCJD

Lamani is a wonderful trip. ruins, some jungle, river, etc. It's a full day, but a must do from the island.

S
S
Ditto on Lamanai, well worth the time!

I did the cave tubing. Cold water, fun time. Relaxing with a cool guide. I have great memories!

Snorkeling Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley with Alfonso Graniel is an absolute blast. Alfonso is knowledgable and loves to laugh. These sites are about a 5-10 min boat ride from south of town hotels and a bit more from Belizean Shores. Getting there is fun, too. Sometimes Alfonso will circle back if he spots some unique critters in the water on the way. Mexico Rocks and Tres Cocos are nice, too. Different locations have some variations of species of fish.

Cave tubing is nice. About an hour drive from Belize City, Then a hike thru the jungle on well cleared paths. You may see leaf-cutter ants (amazing!) and the guides will let you try some nuts from the trees. I forget what they were called, but interesting flavor and texture. The tubing itself is a quiet and cool experience. Relaxing. The water is clear, the stones on the bottom are smoothed and rounded of various colors. I enjoyed a "swim stop" in one of the spots at a cave's mouth. The places where there are openings in the cave ceilings and the sunlight streams through (you can see the jungle above) are very pretty.

Mayan Ruins are fascinating. Going with a good guide makes all the difference. They know so much about the history of the people to bring meaning to the structures you will see.

Belize has so much to offer!

Ditto on Lamanai and in my humble opinion zip on the zip. All the snorkeling you can. Maybe take the water taxi to Caye Caulker for a day and eat lunch at Rasa Pasta.

The best part of Belize is the people so don't plan so much that you don't have time to just walk and hit a few of the beach bars and meet people. If you asked what experience I remember most about Belize it was talking for a couple hours with Tony Vega in calk caulker one day. And I have had a lot of great experiences in Belize.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.