Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11685 10/09/01 04:10 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Yesterday (Sept 8th) around ten am we spoke with Peter and Marcia Fox by phone at their home in Placencia (Mariposa). They said they were taking their open-bow boat and two dogs and heading up Mango Creek or some other river in the lagoon to wait out the storm. They indicated they were leaving right away, so that would have been early on Monday. We are praying for their safety and are terriblby worried about them. Perhaps they got word of the changed path and sought shelter elsewhere. So far no one we have spoken with has heard from them. Is there anyone around who is searching for those missing? Please pass the word to help find Peter and Marcia. Thanks and God Bless.

#11686 10/09/01 04:25 PM
W
W
I have heard nothing of Peter and Marcia other than they were going to Mango Creek. I hope someone has seen or heard something. Please let me know if you hear anything...

Do you have any information about your place and how it fared???

#11687 10/09/01 05:06 PM
J
J
Gail & Lee,

You may not remember me. Scott Johnson (CityNet.com) from kansas City. I was just down in Placencia last week... stopped by to see if you were there... obviously you weren't.

Have you heard how your placed did through the storm?

#11688 10/09/01 05:29 PM
P
P
I too am a friend of Peter and Marcia, please post any info you may receive concerning their status. I sent them some E-mails prior to the hurricane but that's the last I heard from them. I concerned...

#11689 10/09/01 05:33 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Just spoke to Albert Loewen via cell phone. He spoke by phone with Peter and Marcia this morning. They did spend the night in Mango Creek, very near where the other boats went down. They are fine. Don't know where they are right now, but they are OK! Thank God!

And to Scott, thank you for your concern. Our house is fine. Water came through the lower level as it was designed to do. The dock is gone. They say it looks like winter; half the trees are down, and those standing don't have a leaf on them. Our caretaker's house is OK, too. He is already working to clean up the mess.

Let's remember those who have been left homeless by this storm and those who have lost their businesses. Please ask your friends to donate to the relief efforts.

#11690 10/09/01 05:42 PM
D
D
Gail...
Just tried to leave you an email via your page/form, but it wouldn't work. Just wanted to say that there is a group of us here in CO that get together quite often, and if you'd like to join us some time, post via the board or email me. Take care....

Diann
[email protected]

#11691 10/09/01 06:44 PM
W
W
Great! Glad they are OK...

I hope we get more of these sort of messages, as the next few days bring out all the personal stories.

There are some local efforts being brought together and we should get a good idea as to what is needed, very shortly.

#11692 10/10/01 07:49 AM
P
P
Thanks for the report on Peter and Marcia, I'm sure glad to here they are OK. Hope their place survived without to much damage. If you contact them again, please tell them that Paul and Pam from Louisiana are thinking of them, they are in our hearts and prayers.

Wade, great to heare that your folks are also doing OK. We met you several years ago at Rum Point and have been back several times and enjoyed the company of your mom and dad. Have you heard anything on the damage at Rum Point?

We pray for the people of Belize and specially those who are going through this nightmare in Placencia and the surrounding area.

Please keep us informed. Thanks again!

#11693 10/10/01 08:15 AM
W
W
Thanks...
All I know is that they are fine. The place has not been seen yet. Although I am hearing rumors, and hope that most of them are not true.

My brother is on his way down from New Orleans with medical and other supplies. He will getting me a report as soon as he is able. I will try and put as much information about the Inn and the communities in the area on the board as I recieve it...

#11694 10/10/01 03:14 PM
A
A
Gail and Lee Dusa,

Hi. My name is Amy Carter. My husband Alan & I have a cement bungalow in between Kitty's house and the Snell's house(beside Mariposa). If you have seen it or know someone who has, any info. would be appreciated. Glad to hear Peter and Marcia are ok as well as everyone else in the village. We are thinking about everyone. What would be the best way for us to help?

Amy Carter

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.