Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#117618 02/16/06 06:22 PM
OP Offline
Hello. My 2 friends and I (21, 22 & 23 years old)are coming to San Pedro for 2 months this May & June. If anyone could suggest some good, fun & CHEAP ideas for things to do while we are on the island that would be great. We love to party and know about the bars in San Pedro but any other suggestions would be great! Thanks!

[email protected]

~* Kerri *~
S
spl Offline
S
not much is cheap in Belize, especially san pedro. it is the most expensive country in Central America.

Besides your partying at night, in the day you can snorkle ($25-30/ day), Windsurf ($$$$), swim, dive ($60/ 2 tank dive), fish ($150+ per day), hangout in the sun or under a palapa or hamock reading a book listening to music, go to the gym. There is only so much to do on an island. I am never board there but as far as keeping yourself busy and for cheap, that's a toughy!

S
spl Offline
S
biking riding

I
I
sound like you should go to roatan or utila (both islands in Honduras) or costa rica. Belize is much more expensive for day to day activities and it sounds like from all your posts you are looking for cheap. It sure isn';t like Mexico, you and your friends would have a blast there. You can party any night of the week there and until 7am. Not here daily until that time. maybe 5am a few nights a week.

E
E
Shut up, Ernie!

It sounds like the three of you should not have any problem making friends with bartenders. It seems like the bartenders always know where an after hours party is. Just ask around.

During the day you might try going to Caye Caulker.
It is a fun place to go and is cheaper than SP. If you go, make sure you try Rasta Pasta.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hey, E - tounge hurt again? wink

S
spl Offline
S
you could go to Caye Caulker, for a day, but just for your information that too is not cheap as you have to take a boat 30 min there, $35 US round trip. It is the next island over so not exactly something you can do daily and not much to do over there besides hangout on a lounge chair or eat. I'd suggest the Rainbow Cafe, the upstairs has a great view over the water. Much more economical than Rasta Pasta. I wish you luck on your budget there.

S
S
In defence of San Pedro you can do quite well on the cheap here, there are plenty of places to stay and meals need cost no more than $5 to $10BZ per person, often with enough to eat for two. Big Daddy's is open most nights until 6am and unlike Cancun you don't have to pay a huge entry fee to get into the clubs ($50US per person in one case last year). Renting a windsurfer is only $35US per day if you rent by the week.

Plenty of backpackers come to the island and have a great time. They wouldn't keep coming if they weren't having a good time.

Listen to the people that love this place there are far more of them than those who seem to have a bone to pick with Belize.

BTW, let's get the facts straight - it's $35BZ round trip to Caye Caulker.

S
S
Most of the things that I enjoy doing in San Pedro are free. Meeting people, relaxing in a lounge chair, walking the beach, playing horseshoes, swimming off the end of a pier. The nearly free things are - eating at food stands in the park and talking to the great people that work them, listening to great musicians play at the endless number of beach bars, fishing, riding my bike (which I own), exploring. Splurge and go snorkeling, rent a golf cart for a day or two, eat at Casa Picasso and the other great restaurants in town, spend a few days and nights on Caulker. After 2 months you will either be completely bored or, like me, never leave.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 175 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.