Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#117817 02/17/06 06:34 PM
OP Offline
Hello everyone,

I just want to say that this board is a great source of info for everyone and I love to get on and read, it brings me back!

Our flight home leaves at 4:11 out of BZE and I have booked our return flight from SP at 2:00, now I am second guessing myself as far as time! Is this going to be enough time to get thru customs when we arrive at 2:20? Or should I change our flight from SP to 1:00pm? I truly can't remember what we did last year but I think we gave ourselves 3 hours. Any feedback would be great!!

Thanks everyone,
Cheers

you'll be fine, IMHO. But if it's gonna stress you, change it, after all ya are on vaca. :p ( and Jet will always have enough rum punch on hand too!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
CHO! honest opinion is you have PLENTY of time. I have made it (though am not recommending it) leaving on the 3pm from SPR to BZE for a 4 something flight. Have a fun trip.

lakegirl, IMO that is plenty of time.

That should give you enough time for one last Rum Punch at Jet's Bar.

ArtZ SmartZ
I need to say this...only because it's supposed to be done this way.
I realize you want more time on AC... we all do and then take the trip to the mainland for flight.. but.....I watched, recently, people comming into the airport at the (somewhat) last minute and there were a few upset customers because the line was long.

They look through all of your bags that will be in the belly of the airliner.

I was so sick I wanted to die and had time for observation on each side of the scanner.

There were people on standby that got a couple seats belonging to someone else because they were late and let me tell you there were some unhappy (original) seat owners. They did not give them back! The plane was a full flight and that isn't always the case but was this time.

A lot of people living in Belize will go standby so I learned.

I had not seen this in the past since I was up and around like others, looking around, or sitting and reading.

I was too ill to read!!!! Don't let something like being sick be a hold back either. No one plans an illness but you can plan ahead to be at the airport.

I have traveled that country and that airport for many many trips and didn't witness what I did at the airport that day.

So, for encouragement, try to be there the required time as requested by your airlines.

Lots of folks stagger in at the last minute and are upset with the airline gals/guys at the counter. It's not their fault. They're doing their job.

I think klcman was gently mentioning you should be there with time to spare smile as am I laugh

J
J
I had the same question as you for my trip in January. I ended up taking the 1pm flight, just to be on the safe side. It worked out well. I wasn't in a hurry, I was checked in with pelnty of time to spare, and I amused myself with all of the shops in the airport. Bought some pretty neet last minute things!

OP Offline
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I think we are going to go with the 1:00 flight back just in case!!

Now any thoughts on places to eat, I know what we did last year but what are all of your faves?

cool

I don't take the earlier flight so I can spend more time here (I live here) but cause it is so boring to sit in the airport in BZE. If you are there 1 hr+ ahead you'll be fine. I have come and gone 12 times now from BZE-US. Have a great trip.

My last trip to BZ in November, I arrived at the airport from San Pedro the recommended 2 hours in advance. My husband flew in from Punta Gorda 1 hour in advance and met me in the line for checking in. He was spared the extremely boring line-standing time and no problems were experienced.
The 2PM flight to BZE is probably fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.