Next Thread
Print Thread
#118170 02/21/06 09:40 PM
H
hschim Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi There!

Does anyone plan on, or are flying US Air this summer to Belize from the States, during the week? We, along with 8 other friends, have "reservations" for June 20th from BWI, but when I pulled up the itinerary today, it doesn't show up(only our first leg). Apparently they are discontinuing weekday service?!?! Has anyone heard this? It took a while before I was able to speak to someone from US Air who confirmed this - that they are discontinuing week-day service.

I'm hoping this is a mistake and they may be re-aligning flights? I'll try calling again tomorrow...if I have 2 hours to spare (that's how long I was on the phone for!!!) I just question why I haven't been contacted yet! And, flights prices have increased since we booked, and it's going to cost us more if we have to book w/ another airline! confused

W
W
I do not know about summer, but we have reservation Nov. 29, which is a week day and I pray nothing has changed. If you find out something give me a quick e-mail. Thanks! We will be celebrating our 20th anniv. so I pray all will remain the same.

H
hschim Offline OP
OP Offline
H
wvgal....so far, nothing has happened to November flights...I tried to make another reservation from "scratch" to see if it was some glitch. The woman thought I said Nov, not June, and they were still available. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I just booked a "dummy" flight from CLT ( where you would connect) for mid-week in June and all was fine. So......take that for what it's worth.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
H
hschim Offline OP
OP Offline
H
thanks klcman. That's the flight that is apparently being cancelled during weekdays(along w/ others, according to 3 separate reps now...just got off the phone w/ another). I tried (over the phone) to book that leg and I couldn't. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a few days and hope its some glitch.

me thinks this happened last year as well. But, ICBW

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
I know Delta dropped their weekday flights. I'm getting married there in April and I had my groomsmen booked on frequent flier seats on Delta going from atlanta to BZE on a Thursday and out on a Monday. When I looked, the revised itinerary had them getting into Atlanta on Thursday, staying there until Saturday, arriving in BZE at 2:30pm and leaving BZE an hour later and then spending 2 more days in Atlanta! Delta only offers flight to/from BZE on Saturdays now. Had to cancel and book with Continental.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.